• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro just isn't working properly

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really strange for me since I've used premiere on this computer before and never had a problem until yesterday. The problem essentially is that once I import more than one file into a project, the entire app starts visually lagging. What I mean by that is that the app theoretically still works, like I can click on a clip and the effects editor will show up for the clip, but visually the clip appears unselected. The effects browser also takes about 1-5 minutes to give results after I enter an effect name. This is nothing world shattering, but it makes the editing process a lot more annoying and frustrating since I edit at a fast pace and this problem has slowed that down a lot.

My computer specs are:

windows 10

i9 cpu

32gb ram

1tb ssd 

rtx 3080

Things I've tried and haven't worked:

uninstalling and reinstalling premiere

resetting premiere preferences

restarting my computer

turning off my antivirus firewall to see if it was blocking premiere for some reason

-----------------

The app is fully updated, my graphics card drivers are up to date, everything SHOULD be working, but the app still won't work. Photoshop and after effects run fine though, no issues with those apps or any other creative cloud apps. I also completely reset all my premiere settings to the default ones. (I also tried contacting adobe support to no avail) Please help me, I'm really confused. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wild guess: delete nested audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how would I go about doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have nests in the timeline delete the audio part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's whenever i create a new project this happens. i also don't typically nest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: wild guess> So that is not the issue.

Some suggestions:

Before opening a project:
Delete Media Cache:
FAQ: media cache
Reset Preferences:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

More troubleshooting
Reset workspaces: Go to Window : Workspace : Reset to Saved Layout.
Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.
Make sure you have the latest Nvidia STUDIO driver installed, not the Game driver.
Make new project and import old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide us with the original footage file info, sequence settings and export settings?

Uninstall using the Adobe CC Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me as well except it's whenever I have anything nested on my project. Adobe said it's a bug and will most likely be fixed next update. If you got any other questions about this, please feel free to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to counteract it? For example maybe using a different version of premiere or changing some preferences or something? Or is it completely unpreventable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, Christian Z requested your source properties and sequence settings.  It's virtually impossible to troubleshoot remotely unless we approach this in a systematic fashion...  And one of the great features of Premiere is that you can keep multiple versions of the same app on your system, so I suggest you try installing a previous version and see if the problem disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines