• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro keeps crashing on startup with error code 205

Participant ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other CC apps works perfectly, but Premiere Pro keeps crashing with error 205 every time I open it. Re-installed several times, ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, deleted some certificates (because that was posted as a solution in another thread), nothing works and I'm really frustrated. 

I'm on a MacPro with 10.13.6 and the newest Creative Cloud, all apps up to date. Premiere seems to start up just fine, with the startup-image up and going though all the things it loads, and at the last moment before displaying the UI, I get the damn "Sorry, Premiere Pro has encountered and error and needs to close"-window.

Many of the supposed solutions here in the forums deal with firewall-settings or corrupt downloads, but since all my other CC apps were installed the same way without an issue, I seriously doubt that this has anything to do with that. Plus, I have a second Mac Pro here with the same setup, and no issues whatsoever. 

Really desperate for help here.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed screenshot in original post.

2020-04-21_16-37-27.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it does not. Even though it's marked as 'solved' there is no solution to be found there. That's why I wrote I deleted certificates because it was suggested in another thread – that's the thread, and it did not solve my problem. And that's why I made my own post, I have done my research before posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I finally got Premiere to work by de-installing once again, manually deleting preferences etc., and re-installing (as I've done countless times since my original post). I was really happy that this weird (and erroneously marked as solved) issue finally was fixed, and used Premiere the entire day without problems. This morning, I start Premiere – and I'm back to m*****f***ing Error 205 and crash after starting up. Is there really no one here who has an actual answer as to how to fix this? I just want to do my job, not having to freelance as IT supporter. I have a theory that it has something to do with the number of computers I use CC on. I have 3 computers, which means I regularly have to sign out of one of them to use it on the one I'm at. All other CC apps give me the 'too many computers'-warning, but not Premiere. Unfortunately, signing out manually before starting Premiere does not help.

What I'm hoping for is someone in here to actually being knowledgeable on the subject, and being able to tell me what might cause this Error 205 crash BESIDES corrupt installers. There's nothign wrong with the installer, there's no issue with the Firewall, there are no corrupt certificates. This has to be related to something else – something that was not an issue yesterday, and now, 24 hrs later is back. Premiere did not crash or anything yesterday, btw. It was quit normally yesterday, and the comuter has not been restarted. Yet, Premiere is back to not being able to start up. And as one might noticed, I'm REALLY frustrated at this point. I'm actually loosing money on not being able to work on the fastest machine I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck? I had the same issue today after not having opened Premiere in maybe a month. I tried the solution mentioned on this thread and it seemed to work for me. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-error-205/td-p/10491526?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution. Also worked for me with Premiere 2020 on an iMac 5K 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Next time, you can try this. 

1. Sign out of the Creative Cloud application
  2. Exit the application
  3. Reboot the computer
  4. Restart Creative Cloud
  5. Sign back into Creative Cloud

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, I tried the steps above, and they worked like a charm.

Thank you so much for posting it. 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done and doesn't work!

I have to work and this bs is not working and there's no support to call.

This is seriously ridicoulus and I pay 60€ a month!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, alessandror,

Sorry about that. You can always contact us here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

I hope we can assist!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines