• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro MAXING out CPU on M3 Max 16 core CPU

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had issues editing on my 2023 M3 Max, 16 core cpu, 40 core gpu, 48 gb of ram, until tonight. I edit roughly 20-30 videos a month among many other things and today all the sudden during this one project the cpu is at 100% while the memory is at 40-50% and the gpu is at 10%. My Macbook pro is running really slowly in premiere making it so I HAVE to render anything to be able to play it back and running at 1-4 fps... Any ideas or thoughts? It is extremely ittirating considering how much money I spent on this computer to not have these issues compared to my old 2018 imac with 16gb of ram and 6gb of video memory. 

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd. I’ve been editing today on my M1 Pro MacBook Pro 32GB and it’s performing smoothly as expected, with CPU use between 50% and 75% because the GPU (nearly 100% used) is able to do the heavy lifting through GPU acceleration.

These questions might be obvious, but anyway:

In Project Settings, does General / Renderer say Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended?

Is there any chance Premiere Pro has been started in Rosetta (Intel translation) mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here is your answer from a dumb person... lol... I do not see that option under settings, general. There is no renderer option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if it wasn’t clear, I didn’t ask about Premiere Pro > Settings > General, I was asking about File > Project Settings > General. I would expect the Renderer to be using GPU Acceleration through Apple Metal if it was properly wired up for GPU acceleration.

Premiere-Pro-Project-Settings-General.jpg

I also wonder if the performance issue might be related to Sequence > Sequence Settings / Video Previews / Preview File Format and Codec. What are those that set to? Some codecs might not be supported for GPU acceleration.

There are some on this forum who should be much more expert at this than I am, I hope they see your post…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that! haha well you are more expert than I am for sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am facing similar issue editing on M3 max. The GPU acceleration looks disabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue and it is extremely annoying... Premiere seems to just be really slow in general compared to how it used to be.... Idk if it is this update or what

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try a brand new project? Reboot and create a new project, drop some clips, see what happens.

Did you turn off Composite in linear color on purpose or as a troubleshooting step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that. On my 5th project since... Itll randomly have trouble... I wrote again because it was having trouble playing back and rendering a drone clip with no adjustment layers on it or anything... and I havent messed with that setting at all.. Should that be on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's on by default. You can check some sequence presets to see, but I checked the HD and UHD sequences and they are both on. What about that clip for the download, is that not a clip direct from camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines