• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Playback Freezes—Warning: Scratch Disk is write protected or unavailable—Can't Export

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, out of nowhere now all of a sudden my premiere pro has been freezing on the playlist when trying to scroll footage and whenever I try to open footage in the source monitor it just gives me the yellow pending screen and nothing else is working.

Then when I try to reopen premiere pro and open that same file, I get a "Scratch Disk is write protected or unavailable" and then when I try to export the video I get another error saying it cant export. Like WTF ADOBE, y'all already force us to pay monthly for the rest of our lives and then I'm having idiotic problems like this but I literally JUST exported a video from the same premiere pro file.

Like whats the deal???????????

Moderator note: Title changed to reflect issues and searchability.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC or Mac? Perhaps a bad install? The write-protected error makes me think so. This is a user->user forum, so "Adobe" is not necessarily seeing this. Rant on, but it's just us here for the most part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well it cant be a bad install .. Ive had premiere installed for years and its up to date .. and I literally just exported a video thru media encoder, then went back to edit another video within the same premiere pro file and it started that yellow pending screen crap and the scrolling wouldnt show up on the monitor and it wont play when i hit the play button. its ridiculous .. been thinking bout davinci resolve, at least thats a one time payment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do what is best for you.

If you want help or suggestions, start looking at the questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your scratch disk has dropped offline, or if permissions on it have changed, Resolve won't work either. That'll be true on Windows or Mac.

For more in-depth troubleshooting, we'll need more info.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking... - Adobe Support Community - 3929027

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines