• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro & Premiere Pro CC

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking of purchasing Premiere Pro but I am uncertain what the difference is between Premiere Pro and Premiere Pro CC.  I was going to download a trial but had questions.....

Are the trial version of Premiere Pro and the Premiere Pro CC the same?   How do they differ? 

Are they 100% functioning trials?

Most important question for me is...

Can you export videos without any trial banners/watermarks?   If not, then after I purchase will I be able to remove the trial banner/watermarks?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Premiere Pro CS6 -vs- Premiere Pro CC?

PPro CC is available ONLY via Cloud supscription... it is receiving updates, but if you stop paying your monthly subscription it stops working

PPro CS6 is available EITHER via Cloud or as a one time purchase... which is standalone and doesn't need a Cloud subscription

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesui...

I don't do trials, but as far as I know there are no export limitations

Also, if you want to create a DVD or BluRay, PPro CC no longer includes Encore... you must make an additional download (again, stops working if you stop paying) or buy the standalone PPro CS6

PPro/Encore CS6 via the Cloud http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply was quite helpful. 

Yes, I did mean Premiere Pro CS6 VS Premiere Pro CC.  (Sorry for not being clearer.)  But they are both the same product though, correct? Or do these differ?

The difference seems to be whether you pay for it up front or as you go.  Also, the additional pain of installing Encore CS6 workaround.

Questions.....

Are they 100% functioning trials?

Can you export videos without any trial banners/watermarks?

If not, then after I purchase will I be able to remove the trial banner/watermarks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that there would NOT be any watermarks on export. However, from what I've seen from other posters, some codecs may not be available in the trial version due to licensing issues (Adobe can't include support for certain things unless collecting the appropriate royalties).

You can download the CS6 trial versions here -

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some pretty significant differences between CS6 and CC, and that gap will only widen as development continues on CC whereas CS6 is frozen.  These links will give you more info.

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/09/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-october-2013-release.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/12/pprocc-dec13-release.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what the difference is between Premiere Pro and Premiere Pro CC.

Premiere Pro is the name of the program, CC is the current version of that program.  The previous version was called CS6, and before that, CS5.5, etc.

The trials are fully functional, there are no watermarks.  However, disk authoring (DVD and Blu-ray) do require additional software not include with the trial.  You can use other software if you have it, or once you purchase Premiere Pro, you will gain access to the disk authoring program called Encore.  Web and computer playback of exports will not be an issue, even with the trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I now understand the versioning naming convention.  It was unclear to me and thought they were indeed the same product.  The Encore information is also appreciated.

Thank you for the trial information that I was seeking.  (I wanted to be sure that any work I try/perform will not go to waste during evaluation before purchase.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC has been introduced in June last year, CS6 is still available.

There are two major differences, CS6 is a perpetual license, CC is only rental. CS6 is frozen, no new features, no new bugs, CC is updated on a regular basis, giving you new features and new bugs.

People updating from a previous version of Master Collection can do so for the sum of $ 525, disregarding rebates. That is the end of the story for them. They can use that version perpetually, even in 5 years time.

People going for the rental model pay far more, even in the 9 months since introduction, they would have paid $ 85 per month (at least over here) for a sum total of $ 765, only to have the benefit of all the new features AND bugs. In five years time they have paid $ 5.100 if Adobe does not increase prices in the meantime, which is highely unlikely. And after having paid that astronomical amount they are left with zilch when they end their subscription. CS6 users can continue using their license indefinitely. See the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is true that with CC, you must maintain the subscription in order to keep using the software.  Once you stop the subscription, for any reason, then you can no longer use the software.  Much like leasing a car or renting an apartment.  And I can see where that could be cause for concern for some folks.

But the other side of that coin must also be highlighted.  While CS6 does involve a one time cost which allows you to use that software for as long as your computer works, the down side is that CS6 is feature-frozen.  It will never get any new features.  And that is also something a new user should consider.  No software is perfect, we all want the tools we use to improve.  CS6 never will.  And while it may work fine for a user's current needs, the question must be asked, will it do so for future needs as well?  As new formats like 4K, H.265 and CinemaDNG in several varieties are heading into the market, does it really make sense to invest in outdated software that may not fit your needs in the fairly near future?

Each user should consider their own resources and needs, both current and future, before making a decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my use, I like the "other side of that coin."  My reasoning is that I have purchased many software packages that become either 'outdated' within months of purchasing or frozen.  This does not even account for the many times software is purchased that may not be supported on a new OS.  I like the idea of a Cloud based subscription offering the the latest software.   Everyone of course has their own requirements and needs to evaluate what is best for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the original poster specifically indicated his need as being Premiere Pro, another advantage of the cloud subscription is that you get access to other Adobe programs, such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, speedgrade, and a host of others under the same subscription, under the same general provisions--as long as you pay the subscription fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,  I realize that this thread is old and the topic now possibly moot.  But, this is my two cents.

CC seems like a good subscription model to insure constant updates.  However, it also seems like at some point, the consumer ought to be able to stop paying for the subscription and still have access to his or her current level of software.  That is what has always happened in the past, buying a perpetual license, then choosing too upgrade when there is a need and money permits.  With the CC model, if I don't want to buy any more upgrades, I don't get to keep my software that I've paid hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars for over the years.  Perhaps some sort of Lease to Perpetuity model would be a good option.  I lease the software up until I've paid the usual $1200 or so for the Master Collection, then get to use it at that level in perpetuity.  If I choose to stop my subscription, I simply don't receive any more updates until such time as I decide to start upgrading again. -But, I still own and can continue using what I have already paid for.  This is particularly important if I want to open old projects after my subscription has ended.

As a long time purchaser of Adobe products, I can tell you that I have selected which upgrades to get and when, according to where my needs have been.  I still find that many of my older versions of Photoshop and Premiere are still useful.  And, I like knowing that they are mine to use whether or not I buy any additional software in the future.  I'm concerned that if I create projects on my CC software and then stop subscription, that I will no longer be able to access those projects.  That doesn't seem like a very good deal.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

However, disk authoring (DVD and Blu-ray) do require additional software not include with the trial.

Hi Jim, Hi all,

This is actually no longer the case with Premiere Pro CS5.5 and later. See this video: https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/trial-version-improvements

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd's point was that the formats work within PP.  My point was that you can't author a disk with the trial, as Encore doesn't have a trial.  You only get that after you pay.  (Right?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can export but you do not get any form of transitions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines