• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro render and replace replacing with empty audio

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the render and replace function on audio tracks (including when it does this when selecting edit in Audition)

If I render and replace an audio part it replaces it with empty/silent audio (same happens if I try and open in audition). I have tried clearing all cache files, restarting, moving to different track, duplicating timeline etc. Its the same for all audio parts in the whole project and it even does the same now if I create a new project and import any audio file. 
It was working fine, and stopped working after I had done a track select forward (A) and moved all parts in the whole timeline forward a bit so I could enlarge the first audio part. After that, it completely stopped working for any project in PP.

Screenshot below - top is original part, bottom is after render and replace audio. 

Any ideas?

render.jpg

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

OK so after trying many things including the very helpful suggestions on here I still could not resolve the issue.

Then I realised, the hard drive that contained all the original files used in my project was full! Freed up some space and now its working ok.

Schoolboy error I guess but thankfully issue now resolved!! Thank you those who did offer suggestions though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrisu53981669,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? Have you tried resetting app preferences to isolate any preference corruption issue that might be causing the app to misbehave?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried this, and unfortunately the issue remains. I am using latest version 22.2.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, relinking every audio file will be painful, its a 3-hour long project formed from about 1TB worth of trimmed clips. I have however just tried this on one audio part and the problem does still remain.
If I create a new project and drag in a completely different unrelated video clip the problem does still remain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit of an update on this. My timeline consists of about 80% footage taken on various different GoPros, and 20% on a Canon DSLR. Only the GoPro footage is affected. If I open a new project and drag the same GoPro files in, same happens. If I grab the orignal copy of the file (that I have on an external HD), the audio files are fine and they render ok.
Seems somehow all my GoPro files have been corrupted or affected in some way. The raw video files play fine in media player, play fine in Premiere Pro, its just when I try to render them all the audio is lost. 
I guess I can copy all the original files back over from the HD which should sort it but just wonder why this has happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try launching Pr from a shortcut, and before you open any projects, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your cache files. Then try your project again.

If it still misbehaves, create a brand new project and then import your old project file into the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK so after trying many things including the very helpful suggestions on here I still could not resolve the issue.

Then I realised, the hard drive that contained all the original files used in my project was full! Freed up some space and now its working ok.

Schoolboy error I guess but thankfully issue now resolved!! Thank you those who did offer suggestions though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines