Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro unable to load third party audio plugin

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I have Premiere Pro CC 2019. I can't get Premiere Pro to open as it always ends up showing the error message: 'Premiere Pro is unable to load third party audio plugin...'. I have checked that the related folders in Library have 'read and write' priviledge. What else can I do to fix this problem please? Do I need to download audio plugin? or do these plugins come with the programme itself? 

Thank you so much,

Amy

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021(version 15.4.1) , I had the same issue and I've solved simply deleting ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Premire Pro/15.0 folder. And restarted the program.

All my setting is gone, so I need to start as default setting but at least it fixed the scan at launching the software and the warning message.

Hope it works for you too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thanks for posting this solution.  👌🏾👑

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprisingly I don't even have an Adobe folder in preferences. There's a lot of com.Adobe plist files though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking in your system Library folder. You need to be looking in your user Library folder.

/Library/Preferences/Adobe

is different from

/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I figured out that's what I was doing after writing the comment. Dragan's solution worked perfectly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what worked for me: go to /Users/you/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Premiere Pro/ in this folder you will find several numbered folders that contain preferences for previous versions of premiere. In my case  - I am on the latest build which is 23 as of today. Turns out my folder "23.0" had the wrong permissions and so Premiere wasn't able to write anything to it. Highlight the folder for your build, click [command + I] to bring up the folder info and make sure all three levels (system/staff/everyone) are set to read+write. Also double check that all your folders in the above path are set to that. this fixed it for me. I'm on a mac, but I figure it works similarily on a PC. good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your solution.  Not sure who's at fault here, Apple or Adobe or both.  I realize Apple is trying to protect us from being hacked, but seems to me, they could make things clearer when permissions need to be changed when doing an installation of a new or update installation.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ey, Thanks, paleditor, I tried that, but it says I don´t have permission to do it. Also the path was slighlty different. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like you are not an admin user on your computer? in that case you need to talk to your IT guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And make sure you are clicking the little lock at the bottom of the Get Info window (which should prompt for a password). That enables the admin mode so you can modify the permissions.

It's annoying that its still an issue, and it does seem like an Adobe issue since other Adobe apps have proper permissions on their respective preferences folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

honestly, I think it's both Adobe's and Apple's fault.  Apple changes things in their interface and permissions that can make you crazy...  When you install a new app, sometimes you're queried about permissions, etc and directed to the correct place in system preferences... sometimes not.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legend - that worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines