Premiere renders stuff out differently to what is on the timeline

Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere renders out the wrong section of the clip to what is actually on the timeline. It's doing this roughly 25% of the time. Possibly related to changing the framerate of footage. It looks like the clip use the new framerate of the file on the timeline but when it comes to rendering, it uses the original framerate. It's very intermitent. Issue could also be related to outputting via Media Encoder as I don't think I've seen this happen yet when exporting directly from Prem.

Another issue which could be related is recently I opened up an older project in the latest version of Prem and all the video files had defaulted back to their original framerate.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot sequence settings, clip properties, export settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed in 22.2.0

Rendered a sequenc via Encoder and it rendered something different to what was on my timeline. Re-rendered via direct Export and was correct.

prem.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trash media cache and preferences.

See how that goes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by an chance does the source material come from a smartphone or a screen capture?  If so, the problem may be that your source has a variable frame rate which can cause unpredictable and intermittent issues.  Here's how to diagnose and fix the problem

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

as far as your issue with the frame rate reverting, I'd suggest that you continue working in the earlier version of premiere as a workaround

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines