• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere ruined my $20,000 short film projects.

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on single short film over an year, and finally finished the third draft by this early month, at that time, I realized that I lost several files, and I thought there is some corruption going on.

Although I lost some(4-5 files technically, because of Ingested setting, and I had proxy still) I moved on because I had to finish it to screen my film on May 12th at Bam Theater. I worked really hard... while I am working on more than 4-5 projects in a same time.

Real sad thing is that... today I realized that I lost all my 4-5 tb footages.

I lost all my sound library (Which I didn't back up at back up hard drive that are located 14 hours flight time from NYC)

I lost some of B-role shots that are very crucial to the story

Seriously, I feel hopeless on the project right now.

This film was reviewed by Werner Herzog, and many other sundance winning directors and they gave me a nice review on that...

So, I called Adobe today, and asked them... if there are many customers like me, they could have helped me with some brilliant way other than just using hard drive recovery.

Seriously, Adobe really made me cry in my heart.

That dude just told me "Adobe doesn't delete file automatically... blah blah" and I argued him back with Media cache bugs that I just found.

He changed his word and saying that "there is no other option other than just go to a recovery store"

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT SO EASILY?

HOW CAN YOU RUINED ONE POOR FILMMAKER'S LIFE AND SAYING THAT SO EASILY?

This is the worst day of my life, and I really didn't expect that ADOBE Screwed me big time. If my hard drive broken, I won't blame for the hard drive company, because it can happen, and it always will be happen. But, how can you released the firmware that is so crucial like this?

I feel really hopeless, and I am truly sad about what ADOBE did this to me...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit confused, Premiere doesn't store video. Did you open the project and it wouldn't relink to your hard drives?

Did you say your hard drives are OK?

If you are taking about rendered previews, they can be remade by opening the project. If your project file is corrupted, you can open the last good auto save of your project.

If your hard drive crashed... Adobe has nothing to do with that. Even with media cashe issues, those are all temp files... not your original footage. I'm sorry for your loss, but I agree that Premiere doesn't delete files off of your hard drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are recommending that all users update to the latest version of Premiere Pro (11.1.1), which contains critical bug fixes.

Working with the new Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.1) automatic Media Cache management tools to avoid unintended deletion of user media.

Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.1) introduced a new feature to manage and automatically remove ageing and unnecessary media cache files. This feature was designed to assist users in managing existing project media cache files more easily. In the default location for media cache preferences, there is no issue. However, incorrect usage of this feature has the potential for unintentional file deletion.

To avoid this issue update to Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.1.1).

Synology technology saves one DVT customer.

DVT has already had one customer that has been affected by this problem so please update your systems accordingly. Note that in this case, our customer was able to restore their media from the versioning system built into the Synology NAS DVT supplied them.

If you want to avoid these problems don't hesitate to contact DVT to discuss a suitable option for your business.

>>>>>>

Read online
Adobe Creative Cloud
We are recommending that all users update to the latest version of Premiere Pro (11.1.1), which contains critical bug fixes.
The 11.1.1 bug-fix update for Premiere Pro addresses an issue with the recently introduced feature to clear the Media Cache Folder automatically after 90 days. The update changes the behavior of the media cache deletion.
You can install the update through the Creative Cloud desktop application, or you can check for new updates from within any Creative Cloud application by choosing Help > Updates.
For more information, please read the following post: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/premiere-pro-11-1-1-update/
Enabled by Adobe Campaign
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Premiere, Creative Cloud, and the Creative Cloud logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

© 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Registered Office: Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited, 4-6 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Park, Dublin 24, Ireland. Registered number: 344992

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just read this and am still shocked in the implementation. the good news is, is that it will be relatively easy to get the files back if you immediately stop writing to that hard disk in question. Then, use a data recovery program like EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional. That one is really, really good. I trust it 100%

btw:

from the computer lingo adobe says, don't put your video files in your media cache folder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dont do any more work on your computer (or on the affected drives!)

download a data recovery app like r-studio (are you on mac or windows?)

Watch a few videos on how it works.  Its not that hard.  I did it when my raid went wonky.  It scans the drives, find the files and restores them.  Disk Recovery Software and Hard Drive Recovery tool for Windows, Mac, and Linux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines