• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere runs fine until I change workspaces

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm having a strange issue since the Feb 11th update (22.2.0)...

Adobe Premiere Pro works completely fine as long as I don't change workspaces. As soon as I change the workspace (doesn't matter which one), Premiere begins to lag (everything from selecting clips to applying effects to scrollin in the timeline becomes slow).

I've tried reinstalling, clearing media cache, and resetting preferences. Nothing has fixed this issue. I'm running a 2019 Macbook Pro 16" i9, so computer speed is not the issue. It was working completely fine before the update. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any other applicatiosn running in the background?

you mentioned that you reset the preferences, how did you do that?

i know you tried many workspaces, but when on the Essential Graphics one,

did you try to click on the 'Edit' button innstead of 'Browse'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

There are no new applications running in the background since Feb 11.

I reset preferences by "option + shift" while premiere starts, which prompts me "do you want to reset preferences?" and I pressed "yes"

And what do you mean? Are you suggesting I keep the "essential graphics" panel set to "edit" rather than "browse", like this? 

MK64_0-1645103191588.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to reset the conflicting workspace to saved layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that - no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Fully specced MacBook Pro 16" M1 max 64GB. Runs smoothtly untill a change is made to the workspace. After changing something to the workspace, the whole interface lags and becomes completely unworkable. After restart everything is fine again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you willing to test this with a few of the default workspaces? That is, change to a default workspace and see if the lag occurs. If it doesn't, then make a change to that workspace and see if the lag returns. If it doesn't, then you'll probably need to delete the old custom workspace and re-create it in the new version.

If changing a default workspace reintroduces the lag, then we need to look at your graphics and monitor setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. Switching between default workspaces gives the same problem. After restarting the application it's all fine. Also resetting to default workspace doesn't help. Once the lag is there, the only solution seemt to be a restart. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running Pr under Rosetta one time. During that time, see if the lag issues persist. If they don't, then you may be able to get no lag when you return to running Pr natively. A few users have been able to solve native Pr on Apple silicon problems by running at least one time under Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried that ass well, unfortunately without any results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any external monitors connected to your MBP?

What happens if you restrict Pr to one screen or the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the MBP is connected to a 27" 4K LG monitor via usb-c. I just found out that the problem only occurs on the external monitor. I already tried different screen resolutions but that didn't helped either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried connecting the external with DisplayPort or HDMI and an appropriate <protocol>-to-USB-C adapter?

The USB to USB thing may be the bottleneck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings friends. Yes I have the same problem in my macbook pro 16" 2019 I7, 16 RAM and SSD. This ran perfectly until the last update. If I make a little change  at the work space in the base monitor of my macbook instantly coming the lag. Please we need solution soon in order to that make late our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings friends. Yes I have the same problem in my macbook pro 16" 2019 I7, 16 RAM and SSD. This ran perfectly until the last update. If I make a little change  at the work space in the base monitor of my macbook instantly coming the lag. Please we need solution soon in order to that make so slow our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try going back a minor version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines