• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Conforming when importing a MP4 video file in to Premiere Pro CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK So when I was importing a video MP4 file which is about 25 GB long and 1 hr in duration, its a game captured via Elgato HD Pro 60 from PS4. When I was importing this file in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 it gave me an error on the bottom right hand corner. Here is the image with a open error.

Capture.PNG

Untitled-1.png

I tried all the methods I could like deleting cache renaming Common folder to Common1 etc.. also reinstalling entire adobe CC 2018 nothing seemed to be working, however the original file has audio in it.

SO ANY WORK AROUND THIS Thank You in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

I had this problem also, however with the recent Adobe PP update to version 12.1.0 (Build 186) my imports are now working correctly.

Prior to Adobe fixing this issue, I had to use a tool (free) called MP4 Splitter (Authored by Alex Thuring) and you can find it here: http://www.mp4joiner.org .  To solve the Import problem I would split the source MP4 into 4 separate files.  The first split I'd start at the 10-15 sec mark, 2nd split I'd do at the 50% mark, 3rd split I'd do with about 10-15 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem also, however with the recent Adobe PP update to version 12.1.0 (Build 186) my imports are now working correctly.

Prior to Adobe fixing this issue, I had to use a tool (free) called MP4 Splitter (Authored by Alex Thuring) and you can find it here: http://www.mp4joiner.org .  To solve the Import problem I would split the source MP4 into 4 separate files.  The first split I'd start at the 10-15 sec mark, 2nd split I'd do at the 50% mark, 3rd split I'd do with about 10-15 seconds prior to end.  3 splits = 4 files. 

Then I imported the two "middle" split files without problems.  Adobe seemed to have problems with the either the beginning or ending of these MP4s ... I suspect out of sync audio which is a VERY common problem but should NOT prevent Adobe from importing.  The Elgato and Magewell use the same chip and drivers and these devices can something get the audio out of sync leaving Adobe unable to deal with it.  It's relatively easy to re-sync the Audio with Video once the MP4s import.

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines