• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem exporting: "a font that is required has changed restart the export"

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting directly from Premiere, not via AME. I have used some mogarts but I have made sure all the fonts are there and synced. I keep getting an error half way through the export stating "a font that is required has changed restart the export."

I have tried a few fonts, Algerian, Arial, I have made sure they are authorized and I keep getting this error. The first time it exported ok, and ever since, all exports fail with this error. I cant go through AME.

Obviously this is somthing new as I never got this issue till 2020, does anyone have any ideas on what the cause is please?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you downgrade to 2019? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. This is an obvious bug because I just started the export again without doing a single thing or making a single change and it worked. So somthing is really wrong. Very frustrating. 

It never happened to me with 2019 so I guess its a new bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the same issue with 2020 on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with premiere pro 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also encountered this issue on 2020 using Windows 10 Pro. It would be nice at least if it would tell me which font caused the issue. On a second attempt, it exported fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same error happened to me, but on a second attempt it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damnit Adobe - I've literally lost more hours of my life to your buggy crap than I have to cigarettes. I'm here. I'm showing up. I need you to do this same. 

Just encountered this in 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Goes Here, Buddy!!

Also encountered in 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm part of the group now haha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, why is Adobe such absolute garbage? Time to find a new video editing software. So frustrating spending hours on something that should be SO SIMPLE. Years pass and they don't fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Left my office for half and hour only to return to this, now babysitting export #2! 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, it's 2024. Frustrating thing is, I've encounted so many font errors, when I'm not even using any text...

Or, I'm offline and their font isn't available. It's bloody annoying. I work offline a lot, so this is a giant pain in my ass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when I open or close another Adobe program while exporting. People are reporting this and two months and 3 updates later it is still doing this. Seriously, Adobe?! I was almost done with a render when I closed Adobe Illustrator, then Premiere gave me this font-related crash on a video with no text in it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also happened to me during Premiere Pro export - also after closing other Adobe Illustrator (and After Effects) during the export. Useful to know what it is that is causing it as I lost about 30 mins of export time and have to do it again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great observation on your part, and that appears to be the cause in my case too. I closed Illustrator after I started the export my from Premiere and got the message. Tried the export again, and it finished with no problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my "me too" that I had closed Illustrator right before getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I just got this error while rendering my timeline as an mp3!

And the only font that's even in the project is the one that default loaded in the caption graphics. and reading through this thread it looks like Adobe has nothing to say on the matter. Starting to wish I had spent the last year learning any other video editing software instead of yelling at Premiere lol. my roommates must think I have anger issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

luke, what version of PR are you running?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can't export Premiere Pro is completly useless. I just wasted hours and still couldn't make it work. WTF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Completely stuck. Restarting over and over again. C'mon, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. In fact I was rendering and then I closed Illustrator. That was the problem. After closing Illustrator and restarting the render, it finished without that export error. jaymeekay had the same error and pointed out that he closed illustrator while rendering, that made me click. Thanks, its solved (at least for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do u close illustrator? Ive been having the same problem. I have tried everything. Can someone help me pls? Adobe is so frustrating I might just opt out of this and find a different editing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines