• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem importing MP3 and WAV audio into Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i import an audio music track, the sound appears to be compressed into half the space. The second half of the space is silent! I have tried converting MP3 to WAV, it did work on one then failed on another. Anybody understand why? Thank you. Chrisaudio.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

The problem was due to audio cache unable to create files to the present cache location. The very nice people at Adobe were able to solve it. Thank you to all who also suggested solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you positive this audio file has audio to the very end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the audio track on my hard drive is complete. Only when I import it,

it undergoes a change

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:26 PM Jeff Bugbee <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere does this occur in? The reason I ask is this happened to me a while back in CC2017. When I opened the file in CC2018, the entire file came in.

A quick workaround is to open the file in Quicktime and export as a WAV file, then import the WAV into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP CC 2018 just updated. Tried converting MP3 to WAV using Media Encoder but still same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually CC2019 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on windows use Audition or the free Download | Audacity ®

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try converting in Quicktime Player. not AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was due to audio cache unable to create files to the present cache location. The very nice people at Adobe were able to solve it. Thank you to all who also suggested solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. In addition, after importing an audio file to the timeline, it plays back a segment of a previously recorded voiceover! I have no clue how to fix or address this problem and I cannot even build a video because of it. HELP!!! How did you get the folks at ADOBE to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making a copy of that audio file (outside of Premiere) and rename it something different, then bring it back into Premiere. Does the file playback correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me, thank you. I was experiencing the same issue, only I lost the audio of the entire audio clip instead of half of it. It was occurring on both my PC and Mac. I didn't rename the file, but copy and pasted it somewhere else. I imported it into my project, and the audio was finally seen and could be heard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines