Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Lumetri curves

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

first of all, my English is a bit rusted, so sorry for any mistakes.

I'm using the latest version of Premiere and for some days now I experience a problem with the Lumetri curves.

Whenever I start to alter the lower tones the image gets a yellow-ish tint.

Same happens when I touch the "shadows" and it happens with any footage of any codec I want to use.

This effect does not show when I use the obsolete curves.

I'm right now in the postproduction of a big project, so I hope you can help me out quickly.

Thank you very much,

Chris

premiere_bug.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had hopes that they resolve it in the last update, but the problem is still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like there is not update, the problem is still present Lumetri Color Curve can't figure yellow colors in the best way possible. Avoid the Lumetri Curve and use the "Obsolete RGB Curves".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't replicate here on my PC. What media are you using? On what system/OS? Any other effects?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumetri, as a tool for color correction, has long been outdated and has been requiring significant changes for a long time. And this is not only fine-tuning the work, but rebalancing all the elements of working with color on the Lumetri page. This tool is as important as it is comparable to the existence of the Premiere program itself. And, unfortunately, many people here do not understand that Lumetry is important in working with the material. This is an integral part of content creation. I'm already tired of writing here and in the user's damn voice. She's old and clumsy. There are no subtle color settings there. Now there are only basic tools for basic color settings. And then in a limited composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3MoFaIHlom.png

Reduce the effect of correction in dark areas as in the screenshot (Sat/Sat). This means that your grade or LUT will not affect the dark areas of the image. Then adjust the tone of the skin with a shade (Luma/Sat curves) and make the skin lighter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your media has a yellow cast, and making the part darker is exagerating it. That's why Baffy's suggestion and excellent graphic is so useful.

I use a preset with the Sat-Sat and Luma v Sat set to roll off color casts in the shadows and near-whites. Always.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect Neil 🖖

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines