• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with Premiere Pro CS5 project files bloating

Explorer ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had the same problem that we're experiencing? - we have Production Premium CS5 installed on a machine with Win 7 Pro x64. We have three separate edits all of which are experiencing bloating of the .prproj project file. Often this bloating seems to occur when no importing of assets has occured, just changes in the edits. A project which started at 5mb has bloated to 1.5GB and we can no longer save it. Another project has bloated to 200mb and continues to grow in size. We have not brought in any weird assets, although we are using hi-def footage.

We upgrade from CS3 and never had this problem using Premiere CS3.

We can't fix the problem by 'remove unused footage' as this doesn't reduce the project size, although it does remove the unused footage.

We can't fix it by importing the project into a new clean project as the problem and huge file size just comes with

We can't fix it by using the project manager to collect up the project as it requires to save before collecting and the problem files can't be saved.

A couple of points to note - these projects were originally on Premiere CS3 and were upgraded to CS5. The footage is either Sony EX3 or Canon 5D - both HD.

The machine it's running on has 8gb of RAM.

Currently the projects I'm working on are gradually grinding to a hold with no way to make the files usable again.

Any suggestions are greatfully recieved as I'm at a loss. I've reported this to Adobe, and will report back if I get anything useful.

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 155 Replies 155
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

porubskeho7 wrote:

Looks like the patch has just been released. Any success with the problem?

Uhmmm, no, it has not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a Bridge update today. It shows up as a Premiere Pro update because Bridge is used by Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, good.

I was concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK... I could swear PP was being updated. That makes sense. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a false alarm I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, couldn't save, edit, nothing without hours watching the cursed wheel go round for hours and hours.

Thank you, what i did was make a new project and import the sequence i wanted, and so far seems ok.

I also deleted ALL previous preview files and old Auto Saved projects.

Was driving me insane.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exists even in CS6. Some of my one hour projects need more then 15 minutes to open,  15 minutes to save or export to AME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project and import everything into it.  That always worked before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. I will try it when I have time. But normally when I import I have to do all warp stabilizer analysis again which takes a lot of time.

However, the point for me is the same as discussed already above . I am  not a pro and bought a software that is 20 time more expensive than my previous. I bought it because I was annoyed by the errors I had sometimes with Pinnacle. Now with Adobe, I must acknowledge that I payed more and got even more bugs! I also got more features but many of the features do not work anyway and I am not keen on using them like speech analyses. However, I expect from a professional software that it enables me to work efficiently and not spending my whole weekend to figure out how to solve a problem (unknowen export errors in PP or Encore) with different workarounds or to sit in front of my workstation watching the resource monitor showing an nearly idly PC during saving, opening or exporting a project. I am so happy that I earn my money not by using Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to do all warp stabilizer analysis again

That is what makes the project grow.  This is normal and to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size of my project files of about 1 GB is not the problem. I am also not stabilizing many sequences because the stabilizer is quite often bending the whole frame that the effect is not usable, especially for moving targets like in sports.

It is as I said: the load, save and export time in conjunction with the workflow is the problem. However, if Adobe creates a new feature it has to develop it in that way that a normal user can work with it. Just imagine a car manufacture would create a new feature and as soon as the driver uses it, the car is not running anymore. Adobe has to their homework!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had the file boat problem, it was because premiere was storing its render files in my project file.

My solution has been to change my workflow and NEVER render the timeline in premiere.

My project files rarely get above 20mb. Premiere can do amazing things in real time without rendering.

If I need to do something that requires rendering, I send it to After Effects (where I can do more anyway).

Then bring my After Effects render into premiere. You can do warp stabilizing in After Effects.

Hope that helps.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the load, save and export time in conjunction with the workflow is the problem.

That may be directly related to the size of the project, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Output yoyr stabilzed video as something like AVI uncompressed.  Inport into a newly created project and then import the stabilized videos.  It sounds like you lack the horsepower to run a project so complex.   I had an 8 core iCore 7 with 16 GBs RAM and could not edit 4 cameras in multi-camera mode.  CPU was not overtaxed and I appeared to have enough RAM.  I dropped in an approved NVidia GPU video card, moved to a 12 core iCore 7 and jumped to 64 GBs RAM.  Now I can multi-edit 10 cameras at the same time.  Running something as complex as your project sounds, you may have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi acmputr if you are referring to me post, I don't think that my machine is to slow it is a I7, P8Z77 mobo, GTX 570 wit two SSDs and two raids (0 and5)....

I don't do a lot of stabilizing maybe 10 Minutes in a 1,5 hours project.

Today I had to split a 1,5 hours project into two parts to locate my favorite error "unknown Error" while exporting after 8 hours. I needed more then an hour! because each opening and saving takes about 15 minutes. I would like to know how the professional video cutters work with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No slight intended, I was just saying it could be part of it as I didn't see where the hardware was described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how the professional video cutters work with this?

Your experience is not typical.  Loads and saves usually occur within seconds.  If the slowdown is indeed caused by Warp Stabilizer, then it'd be efficacious to take the recommendation of creating an Intermediate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hints.

When I am sitting in front of my PC watching a 1.8 GB Project file to be loaded for about 15 Minutes, I see nearly no activity in the resource manager (CPU, Disks, GPU, etc). The disk activity is mainly filling up the page file with snail speed on an SSD. So I'm a curious what the PC is actually doing and what makes it so slow. Do you have any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ever figure out what is slowing down our PC's, traveller6666, kindly let the engineers at Windows know.  They obviously don't get that video editing and most other processes actually need resources.  I can't tell you the number of times my PC freezes - and not even for video editing, but many other processes.  I can't even run too many files open in MS Word!  Your post and experience is one more reason my next PC needs to be a Mac.  Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

filling up the page file

How much memory installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24 GB and the OS with the pagefile is on a 6 GB/s SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does seem odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have currently another SSD here, I installed a fresh windows 7/64 with Creative Suite (not virus scanner etc..) on it, and guess what: same behavior. So this is definitely an Adobe problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do projects without any Warp Stabilizer open and save?  Normally, or also very slow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having problems with file bloat on a new out of the box on Tuesday of this week iMac.  With no other software installed except Premiere pro 6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines