Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Premiere 2023 - MP4 Video is reproduce as all green

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone:

Since I installed Premiere 2023 I cannot see correctly the video. Screen turns all green.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-31 a las 11.27.40 a. m..png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Greetings,

It is a common issue if the application is not able to playback the clips with the respective Graphics driver.
It can be fixed by updating the Graphics driver to the latest version. You can check the manufacturer's website for an update of your graphics card.

To test the issue, you can try to switch the renderer(GPU) to the Software only which will only process the playback without the GPU on the software level.

Steps to change the Renderer:  

Navigate to the location into Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

It is a common issue if the application is not able to playback the clips with the respective Graphics driver.
It can be fixed by updating the Graphics driver to the latest version. You can check the manufacturer's website for an update of your graphics card.

To test the issue, you can try to switch the renderer(GPU) to the Software only which will only process the playback without the GPU on the software level.

Steps to change the Renderer:  

Navigate to the location into Premiere Pro - Select File > Project Settings > General > Renderer and change the setting to Mercury Playback Software Only

For reference and other playback and performance issue you can refer the below article:
Troubleshooting issues related to playback and performance (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screwed if your using a nvidia card...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed for me, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to change my settings to USE MERCURY as it was disabled under my project settings. (unknown to me).  I ALSO had to change color from 8bit to 32bit float.  Some previews are still wonky that show green footage until I move the playhead, then it snaps back to an image.  This is 100% Adobe being lazy and not testing properly as usual, then blaming users and others.   They need to patch this ASAP and not explain it away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajed,

Sorry. Have you updated the GPU drivers lately? If not, can you update them now? Install using the studio drivers and not the game-ready ones. Once you do a clean reinstallation of the newer studio drivers, let us know if this solves the "green screen" issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines