• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program monitor keeps going black in Premiere Pro CC

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC - Premiere Pro CC - AMD Fire Pro (13.101-130604a-158071E-ATI)

I'm working on a project and the program monitor keeps going black in Premiere Pro CC while I am working on the timeline. I've got like 28 GB of memory alocated to the program and just updated the latest driver for my video card. No clue why this keeps happening, but the only way I can get around it is to restart. When I go to close down the program freezes and I have to shut it down in the system preferences.

Under a crazy deadline if you can help? Thanks

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Hi Jonathan,

We haven't seen a response from you since you created this thread. Please do let us know if you fully solved the issue. For others on this thread, a few things have been helpful in solving the "black screen" issue.

• Reboot the computer: try to do this a few times a day.
    • This helps reset, refresh hardware items, especially the RAM cache, which you need for intense timelines.
  • Perform regular system and program maintenance:
    • update drivers
    • make sure you meet system requirments
    • run

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Jeff,

Thank you so much for your tip! PROBLEM SOLVED. I updated my Nvidia drives and everything is running smoothly. Windows "said' they were fine but when I went to the Nvidia site I was SO far behind! Thank you so much for such a great suggestion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 140 Replies 140
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!

Yes I am well within system requirements. Please see attatched files. The media is a mix of 4k, HD 1920x1080 stock footage with different frame rates. Also interviews shot idk what the camera is but my files are MOV 1920x1080 which I have never had a problem in all the years of editing. Not once. This is so frustrating. This is stressing me out so much. I really need help. Thanks so much. I hope the files attatched gives all the info you need!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Good afternoon. It sounds like everything should be behaving as expected. As long as you have the latest video drivers installed,  your monitors should display normally.

At this point, you may want to open a case with support here. You can instigate a call or chat by clicking the small speech bubble in the lower right section of the browser window. Let us know what our staff does for you. They are best reached Monday to Friday during regular business hours in the Pacific Standard Time hours.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't rely on Windows Update to keep your graphics drivers updated. It is woefully suited for that job.

Instead, go to the Nvidia website and update your graphics drivers from there. 

I recommend doing a clean install of the Studio (not Game Ready) drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thank you so much for your tip! PROBLEM SOLVED. I updated my Nvidia drives and everything is running smoothly. Windows "said' they were fine but when I went to the Nvidia site I was SO far behind! Thank you so much for such a great suggestion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro / After Effects - Intel UHD Graphics 630

Hi there,

I have the same problem on a short project with 4K rushes converted into proxies. The monitor keeps going black randomly when I play the timeline or if i'm scrolling through it, very annoying.

I updated all my graphic drivers, I know it's not the best video card but I did not have this problem during my first day of editing. I tried all the solutions in thread, nothing works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  I just bought this in 2022, and this problem is still there.  

What have I just paid for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I successfully updated my graphics driver from Intel's website.
Rebooted. No help.
--Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my drivers but eventually I had to get a completely new video card. Make sure you are using NVIDIA graphics card. All other especially Radeon will give you nothing but hassles. It says its supported but its really not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is a corporate machine. I may have to buy another! I
appreciate the info! I'll make sure I get an NVidia card on the next one.

--Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey SeeGeeArtist,

Sorry about that. Can you give us stats on your computer and what media you are using? Hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with this problem too. Only when I add a Vignette in Lumetri and after adjusting it the Program window goes black.

Mercury Cuda selected . Win 10 GTX 1080ti all drivers updated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI PalmaMultimedia,

Sorry. Try a clean reinstallation of an earlier driver that is v.522.xx or earlier. The latest driver is having problems with some editors.

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading now .... thanks for the super fast response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, the fix appears to have worked ..... so far so good!! Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Heck yeah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines