Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Proxies - no automatic relink i 2022-update.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone

When i try to use the "Relink others automatically"-function with "Media Start" under "Attach proxies" it's doesn't seem to work.

So i'm stucked with relinking every clip individually...

Worked fine with the 2021-version.

Anyone else have the same problem or have the solution for it?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the media to be re-linked on removable media? Did Windows assign the same drive letter as before? It's possible that having media at the root of a drive is problematic as well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the original and the proxie-files are placed on an external disc, both are placed on the same disc (and same letter).
No problem with normal re-linking (when files is offline) - it's only when i try to attach the proxies.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can just relink to the proxies (after unlinking from the camera original) for editing and then relink to the camera original when you're ready to output...  it's a workaround but does work...  and shouldn't just use the "match file names" option do the trick?  Or am I having a senior moment.  I'm assuming your camera original and proxies have the same file names but different folder locations...  and assuming everything's on a local external drive not via a network drive.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name is not the same. My proxy-files have a extra letter attached to the name (Canon C70 adds "_P" to the filename for proxies).

That's why i use "Media Start" instead of file name. I checked and the "Media Start" match both files.

The problem started with the 2022-update and it's occour on 4 different machines (both external and internal drives) and with different files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try moving the proxies to a different folder, and then removing the extra letter using one of the many batch renaming file utilities and see if that solves the problem when you point to the first proxy file in the relink dialog ...  worth a shot.  at least that would get you back up and running...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate, I'm having exactly the same trouble with my C70 footage. Have you had any luck with a solution? 
Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I was having the same exact issue and it's probably an update bug that needs to be fixed by Adobe.

Anyways, here's my workaround:

Downgrade your 2022 project file via this link http://joshcluderay.com/downgrade-premiere-project-converter/

Open up PP 2021

Do your Proxy duties in PP 2021

Reopen in PP 2022

Worked super quick and easy for me!

Lucas

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Defaulttom is right, must be a bug from Premiere, I had the same issues, posted about it in the forum (marked as spam...lol), saw your post, did it as you proposed and everything works perfectly now.

I would just love to answer my own question in the forum, so that others find any easy fix to that issue.  Adobe gotta fix this!

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem, and now the only options are to attach hundreds of files individually, or make a proxy job but thats just a waste of time anyway because the camera has ALREADY made proxies and it doesn't make any sense to waste so much time doing it all again.

Has anyone figured out whats wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
6 hours ago 6 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since I updated to the 2022 version. I tried everything and is not working.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was to create the project file on my laptop where I have the Premiere Pro 2021 version, imported all the footage and linked all the proxies and once done I open the project on my other computer with the PP 2022. 

Let's hope they'll fix this bug on the next update! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no reason why you can't have both the 2021 and the 2022 version on the same computer...  Although Adobe is only keeping one previous version available, if you don't delete previous versions, they're still available on your system.  I have one system with premiere versions going back to 2017 still installed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines