• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy Trouble

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I have been having a huge issues with my proxies. I create proxies from my 4k footage, edit, and when I export the video some but not all of my footage is clearly not the selections I chose of the clip. I thought at first it was me manipulating the speed of the footage (slow motion) I had read that proxies weren't the best for that. So this edit I did not touch the speed of my footage and still the same.

Usually I import the footage

I will modify and interpret any footage (30fps or 60fps) to 23.976 fps

I'm just hemorrhaging edit time at this point and my workload is piling up in the meantime.

The only solution that works is reimporting the original 4k footage and using that, but is slows my current build down too much.

Any help would be appreciated,

Best,

Miguel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you toggle off the proxy button (in the program panel) before you exported? Here is a breakdown of proxy editing and if it still doesn't help let us know and we will find another solution: https://blog.pond5.com/21491-how-use-proxies-to-edit-faster-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you toggle off the proxy button (in the program panel) before you exported?

As a note for readers, that's actually not necessary.  Premiere Pro will always and automatically use the original media for export, so long as it isn't offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the troubles, Miguel. Interpret Footage is not currently officially supported for Proxy. More information about Proxy support can be found at: Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Ingest and Proxy Workflow in Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 

That said, please see the following post from R Neil Haugen for a possible workaround.

Proxy Workflow with Interpreted Footage // THE ANSWER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help! So with your help and a little research I think I found a solution. When creating proxies the modify window and Media Encoder apparently don't talk to each other. You have to start creating the proxies, pause it, modify/interpret the footage in media encoder and then create the proxies if you are using multiple frame rates. I haven't tested it yet but this seems to be the work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines