• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting an object behind a moving person?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help.PNG

I have this snippit here from a short film I'm working on. In this scene, there's a homeless killer in the restuarant and he's looking backwards, holding the gun over his head and shoots a pillar. There's a gun flare effect you see on the top left of this image. How do I put that behind the subject? (in the wig) I've seen so many videos of just how to put text behind the object but not an object behind another object. Only help me out here if you know how to do it. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to mask out the subject so the flash will appear behind him. Plenty of tutorials for this on Youtube! I recommend using AE for this sort of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send a few links that'll help? I don't care if I have to use AE I just want to do it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a good beginner tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahdg7Z78woQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines