• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about using stabilizer in an old Premiere versions then switching to new version

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question about using stabilizer in an old Premiere versions then switching the premiere from the older versions to the current one ( 22 5.0.62) to continue editing
-problem: the current premiere version:
Warp Stabilier just hangs and Prodad never works
whereas I was able to use the Warp Stabilizer slowly and Mercalli Prodad add-on faster in an older premiere version (I don't remember exactly which version (among 2019/2020/2021) it was
possible solution:
I was wondering if I could use only the Warp Stabilier + Prodad in an earlier premiere version then continue to edit the rest in the current premiere.
what steps I should take ?:
a) do the stabilizer and prerender the clip, then continue editing as if stabilizer already done the job or
b) render out the stabilized clip first
then import the already stabilized & rendered out clip into the latest premiere to continue editing
c) or any other tips /precations

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

b) render out the stabilized clip first
then import the already stabilized & rendered out clip into the latest premiere to continue editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest version of ProDad?

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have proDAD Mercalli V5 SAL as a stand alone and works ok as stand alone
(I heard that Mercalli V6 SAL will be released soon)

I also have proDAD Mercalli V4 Plugins for Adobe: Stabilizer+CMOS Correction
which was working great couple of years ago and has started crashing in the last couple of years' premiere versions.
No update is in the horizon

I reckon I have the latest Nvidia studio driver 

Warp Stabilizer (Adobe) just hangs there and found the davinci resolve (18 beta 6) and earlier ones are extremely fast to stabilize the shaky clips
I am also happy with the Prodad Mercalli V5 stand alone and works wonderfully fast and efficient in my not so powerful laptop
also mentioned here:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45272431-warp-stabilizer-ne...
My current davinci knowledge is not good enough to edit  the rest at present except stabilizing part which is short and sweet)

so I have to go in between premiere and davinci or prodad for stabilizing which is a bummer to say the least (to use 2 programs for 1 editing job)

appreciate any guidance very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try stabilizing in After Efects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again.
I appreciate your kind and prompt reply
Like I said above :
"My current davinci knowledge is not good enough to edit the rest at present except stabilizing part which is short and sweet"

My After affects knowledge is zero.
unless there's short and sweet in 1 or 2 steps to get the stabilizing done in AE and back to premiere , I am willing to do that.
is there such short, sweet & simple guidance to get it done in AE, please do direct me to such instruction

ps As you might know in DaVinci, I do not need to learn anything in Davinci to get the stabilizing done in 2 steps:
1) clip in timeline - edit menu
2) Inspector menu - Stabilization

appreciate
any further guidance if any

all the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your time and effort I appreciate very much, Peru Bob
all the best & take care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines