• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration" - Still Getting Error

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been here through several discussions about this and was able to remedy it once or twice in the past, but the issue keeps popping up. All I'm trying to do is add a VR Rotate Sphere effect on a video and it keeps giving me the red band of "This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration." I've switched it to both Metal and OpenCL and no luck. They worked fine when they were still Mettle plugins. These are my computer's specs below. It seems to work fine with monoscopic footage (sometimes), but this project is a stereoscopic project shot on Insta360 Pro and created proxies using Media Encoder.

My only workaround at the moment (and thankfully there is one as this is client work) is using Mettle's Mantra VR Mobius Transform, which also has a pan feature and it seems to be working just fine. But the built in VR Rotate Sphere (which was once a Mettle Plugin that worked great) is the one that's not working properly.

Adobe, please help.

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 5.37.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-08 at 5.50.14 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the latest Premiere Pro update ?

Did you apply any other effects to your clip ?

I tried your used effect on my Macbook Pro (2017), it works fine on a still image (didn't try stereoscopic footage),

my Graphics Card is also not listed in the recommended Video Adapters for GPU Acceleration,

the same as in your case.

Can you please try applying this effect on any still image without any other effects applied to it ?

Can you try nesting your clip and then apply this effect to see what we get ?

Can you try it on the original footage, not the proxy ones ?

Please keep your settings at (Open CL or Metal) while trying these steps ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carlos, thanks so much for your suggestions.

While there were definitely some good ones in there, unfortunately none worked.

I tried on a still image, even a monoscopic one, and no luck.

I am on the latest Premiere Pro CC update and there are currently no other effects on the clip.

I also tried nesting the clip, and no dice there either.

I also tried the original clips rather than the proxy (GREAT suggestion), but alas, no luck there either.
It's weird because the rotate on Mettle's Mobius Transform plugin works just fine, which is the same as the Rotate Sphere before Adobe bought those plugins from Mettle last year.

Hopefully they're alerted to this bug (hint hint Adobe...) and fix it in the next update.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Best,

wasim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that you're having issues Wasim.

The best way to make sure this issue has been seen by actual Premiere Pro developers is to post it on their bug report / feature request form here: Premiere Pro: Hot (2403 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

This will also allow other users who are experiencing the same issue to "like" your problem.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines