• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened".

Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

Well I have a big problem here, with my software Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. There is a project very important to me, on which I have been working for two monthes now... I can't open it.

Everything worked fine untill this evening. Now, when I want open it, it loads and there is a message on which is written : "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type.".

I have tried the solutions proposed on http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/missing-sequence-presets.html : I disactivated and reactivated my Premiere Pro CS6, and I "re-created the Adobe Premiere Pro preferences and plug-in cache" (at the least, I pressed alt + shift during the loading screen of Premiere.. I had no sign that anything was done or changed because the software started as usually, but I suppose it's normal).

So, since it seems that there's no further solutions or ideas to resolve the problem, I want, at the least, find a way to recover the huge cutting work on which I
thoroughly strived during the whole last weeks.

According the error message, there is ONE sequence that doesn't work. It means that the great majority of my sequences are clean. How can I recover them in a way I can edit them again on Premiere ?

Thanks.

PS : sorry if there are mistakes in my words, my maternal language is french.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GregOs,

Do you have MULTI-CAMERA on your projects?

If so you have to do this:

1- Create a new MULTI-CAMERA sequence, use AUDIO to sinc the videos.

2- CHANGE THE OPTION -> Sequence Preset to ---->  YOUR CUSTOM PRESET

3- UNTICK the option MOVE SOURCE CLIPS....

It fixed ALLLL the crap problems with Premiere

I am testing CC 2014 and so far so good, let's see....

I hope it helps!!

Fabio - washingmachinelab.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this worked for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error right after I was forced to sign in again.

I signed out of my Adobe Creative cloud in the app manager  (as this happened right after I was prompted to sign in), then opened premiere and signed in when I was prompted my Premiere. Didn't have the problem again. I hope this happens for everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out and signing back in again solved the problem for me in Premiere CC 2015 ("This project contained a sequence that could not be opened...")

Thank you very much for your helpful suggestion, it saved me a lot of time and frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same issue last night on my Windows 8.1 machine running CC2014, and it turned out to be an issue with Adobe licensing. This is related to the problem of being prompted for your login every time you start an Adobe app, and can be caused by connecting a USB device.

I have no idea why Premiere displays such an off-the-mark error message in response to a licensing problem, but that's a separate issue.

In my case, deleting the entire  C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE folder fixed the problem. I then had to log in to the CC desktop and CC online, and that restored all of my application statuses and licensing. Please note that the "AppData" folder is normally hidden on Windows systems, so be sure you change your Windows view settings to show hidden files and folders:

There's also an entire thread on being constantly prompted for your credentials, which is frequently at the root of the Premiere pro "Project contained a sequence that could not be opened" error message.

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application

PLEASE NOTE - The instructions provided by an Adobe rep in thread above, which I also link to below, do not work. I'm including them to save people the time and frustration of futilely following them though.

You are no longer signed into your Creative Cloud applications

• The problem in my case does seem to have been the result of opening a Premiere Pro CC project from a newly attached USB hard drive, so that much is accurate.
  • However, Solution one in the instructions above, which is to delete the opm.db file, did not work.
  • Solution two, which calls for updating to the latest version of Creative Cloud application wasn't relevant, because I am already running the latest version
  • Solution three is completely invalid, because the instructions' link the IMSLIBReplacer.exe file returns a "Sorry this page is not available" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! I cant believe that worked!!!! Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem just now, but choosing the latest update from Creative Cloud fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this very issue; "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type.".

Scary stuff! Being a Windows user, I realised I hadn't installed Quicktime, this being the 'sequence preview preset codec'.

Make sure you have Quicktime installed and updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem, and no workaround posted here has worked. I think I have narrowed the problem down to when I try to "Merge Clips". I used an external recorder to capture better quality audio than my onboard camera mic and now I'm trying to put all the files together. Before I started merging, I could close and reopen my file just fine. After I started, though, the issue resurfaced and I've been pulling my hair out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (And I will reiterate, I have read through this thread and tried EVERY. SINGLE. WORKAROUND)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a VERY annoying problem and after I fixed it it comes back again and again.

If there's no proper solution for this I'm going to mister Avid. Really really annoying. I pay for this product, I should not have to work around this problem, I want the program to always work correctly!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem unproffesional. have use cs6 suite many years no issue. weeks ago open "encore" acident ask for "priemere pro" serial. Package bought many years ago is no serial. Ever since, all PP not open with crap error.

Not use "creative cloud" adobe keep track of everything. I not buy software again I pirate before buy for this sollution. 

Am too old for deal with greed business i pirate before change settings. I buy cs6 when everyone adobe still suck thumbs of mama

Yes, change in notepad work but do same for 1,000's pp files? no.

Disconnect internet instal pirate be ok forever.

I pay outrage price cs6 suite yea ago now is give issues?

Now i get pirate boat version not care.

you are not boss ADOBE system i pay you is mean I am boss

Is no fix? 

Too bad.

I not pay again

Sorry ADOBE. is what you deserve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines