• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

random audio layers are muted (without mute button activated) since last 04/2018 update!

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Adobe Premiere Pro CC yesterday (April 2018) and started a new project with 3 audio layers. The first and third layers play back the audio normally. The second layer is muted with mute button being disabled. When you click on Solo button it works but then you have to click on all Solo buttons of course. How can I solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
I MAY HAVE THE SOLUTION:

I'm going to start by saying - I've never actually found a solution to anything before - however - I have a ten track clip - and am using a recording made on a 10 track field recorder that out put a poly wav for me. When I came to solo tracks there was nothing on several of them and some on others - couldn't fathom it. Checked this thread and despair filled me - as tech problems so often do. AND THEN. I noticed in the mixer, beneath the pan tool a button just to the right...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Audio file randomly muted itself regardless of which track I put it on. Will play when opened in the source viewer but not in ANY of the tracks on the timeline. Just randomly stopped playing from one preview play to the next. On a tight deadline and this is not okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved by coping the contents of the entire sequence and pasting into a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, have the professional courtesy to respond to the users on your forums. I work at one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world. We're exclusively on Premiere. If you don't fix these issues I will move the whole department to Avid, Resolve or FCP X. There is an appalling number of bugs on this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem but instead of random layers dropping out, it's all layers of audio from random clips.

I've tried every work around I can find but nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy all video and audio layers and create a new sequence and paste all copied layers. It will work 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying layers in a new sequence did not work for me. I solved it by replacing the disabled file with another version of the same audio, that I saved on my desktop beforehand. The audio returned, and I didn't have to fix any of the editing. But I only had one audio layer, don't know if it will work with several.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my 2hr of troubleshooting I gaveup and selected all the audio sequences grouped them and brought down by one audio layer (from A1 to A2 ) and deleted A1 audio layer which made everything back to normal and it hardly took 30sec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I MAY HAVE THE SOLUTION:

I'm going to start by saying - I've never actually found a solution to anything before - however - I have a ten track clip - and am using a recording made on a 10 track field recorder that out put a poly wav for me. When I came to solo tracks there was nothing on several of them and some on others - couldn't fathom it. Checked this thread and despair filled me - as tech problems so often do. AND THEN. I noticed in the mixer, beneath the pan tool a button just to the right with a logo that's a square connected to three little squares 'SET TRACK OUTPUT CHANNEL ASSIGNMENTS' it says if I hover over it (which I have had to do several times with a name as long as that). I clicked that and then checked all the boxes 1-2 , 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8 and then all my mic's cam on - I can solo them and whatever - they are there.

Hope this is the answer everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get NO SOUND AT ALL from Premier Pro, in spite of the fact that my machine plays YouTube files no prob . . what do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RMC commented · November 07, 2018 13:19 ·
I had a similar problem. Tracks A2 - A8 were muted without the mute button being highlighted. Only A1 was working normally. No idea what I had done to ***** it up. But I clicked and unclicked the Solo button for all of the non-working tracks one time and it fixed the issue.

i just had this problem as well but what this guys said worked for me hit the "M" and the "S" on all of your audio layers and it should fix it.

thinking it just gets stuck on solo track without the indicator poping up so you have no way of knowing anyway thanks RMC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue and found that Reet_Dave had the right response! I unlinked my audio tracks and checked for the track that I needed, it was randomly assigned in the sequence to a different track! So Just right click on it, the Audio Channels, and then you just re assign to the right track!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is outrageous... I am happy for those of you who got the problem fixed, but none of the little fix it hacks have helped in my situation. From the looks of EVERYTHING, my audio should work. What a bust! I miss Windows Movie Maker; it was free and it actually WORKED. What thieves for creating this software that doesn't work and monopolizing an industry with products that do not work as they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an audio track that was not playing while another was. I had to solo it and unsolo for it to play. Weird bug. I'm not sold on Premier. Seems buggy and a bit clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the same bug, but I sometimes have audio *clips* that are randomly muted (or extremely attenuated). Sometimes even with clips right next to each other from the same master clip (long interview, say) - one clip plays fine and the other is barely audible. Then it randomly starts working again just as randomly as it stopped working.

It tends to not grind my work to a halt the way so many other Premiere issues do - so I've just been tolerating it, which says a lot about the sad state of this software. It has single-handedly lowered my standards for what's tolerable in terms of bugs. Congrats for that, Adobe!

In any case it sounds like some form of this bug has been around for OVER TWO YEARS. And no updates? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice George Young about using the solo button, my original fix for this was just restarting the software every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to hit the button "Monitor All Channels" in "Audio track mixer" window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! It worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of 6 Audio tracks stoped playing on timeline and source window.The only thing that worked was duplicating audio track file (make sure the name is different) and relinking track to that new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a massive issue as of Oct 2021! none of the little hacks have worked for me, actively looking for new software. I dont understand how this essential bug goes on for so long without attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jonathanlandon Move the audio to a new track and delete the faulty one. I nearly put my fist through my monitor. A ridiculous glitch. Hope it helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me as of today. This is insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem today. Couldn't fix it. Had to delete and re-insert the one track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GUYS!!! I figured this out. Go to Clip>Modify>Audio Channels.
The channels you want to hear need to be checked on.
Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joel Powley, thank you.. it works for me. Very simple solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What fixed it for me was right clicking the audio clip on the timeline, hitting audio channels, and doing something as simple as switching the L & R channels back to front. After this the clip started working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines