• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random export window error

Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a few months now I've been getting an intermittent problem while in the export window.  When the problem happens I'm taken to the export window, all looks normal, but when I try to pick a preset, change a file name, move the preview playhead, press "export" or "send to media encoder"or anything else, all I get is a dinging sound as if there's another dialog window or something open that needs attending to.  See the attached 12 second video for an example.

The thing is, there's no dialog to be seen.  I can navigate to a different program and then back to Premiere and the problem is still there.  The only solution when this happens is to force quit Premiere via Task Manager.

This happens maybe 15% of the time I try to export.

Currently running Premiere Pro Version 22.6.2 (build 2)

Windows 10

NVidia Quadro P4000 (driver version 516.94)

Intel Core i9-9900K

64GB RAM

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if you want me to explain why I think any particular question is pertinent, happy to do so, although sometimes it's just a matter of basic troubleshooting or a shot in the dark, which can sometimes pay off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I thought I typed that:
GC: Nvidia P4000
2 Monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is to use one of the default workspaces that only use one monitor...

And tell us what the screen resolution is for both monitors.  You might try increasing the resolution if possible as one possibility is that there's a dialog that's not appearing on your screen...   

You might also try just disconnecting the second monitor as a troubleshooting step...

If you're running other apps at the same time, try running without any other apps running simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done all of the above and have the same probs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen should not be white: either black or showing an image. (unless first frame is white.)

Close all other programs and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even look at the attached movie...  good catch Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Michael Grenadier

Doh!  Here I thought "better to show than to tell"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was probably a good idea, but even better is to show and tell...   I'm usually glancing at forum when I need to break from work from editing for a few minutes or when I'm rendering or exporting... so I don't always look at attachments...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Michael Grenadier

If you look at the second video I attached in the later comment, you'll see more detail about the problem, as well as the Task Manager window as I force end the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off all programs especially Chrome and try again.

Please dont say you need all of them: its for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "try again" as if you're under the impression that it happens every time instead of it being a sporadic bug that pops up a small percentage of the time I export.  

For now I'm testing having imported the sequences into a new project.  It's bad troubleshooting practice to change too many things at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

depends on the situation... If you're desparate and need to get back up and running, sometimes trying multiple things at the same time can get you back up faster...  You can then remove individual troubleshooting steps one at a time until you locate which one solves the problem..      Ann, who's one of the experts here, seems to think that Chrome might be the source of the problem so if possible, might be a good idea to try working without Chrome running constantly...   Wouldn't think it would be too onerous to just run Chrome when you needed to check email...  bwdik...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all about the nature of the problem, isn't it?  In my extensive documentation  of the problem in this thread I've explained and reiterated the sporadic nature of this particular problem - how it rears its head unpredictably a small percentage of the time.  In such a situation, trying a bunch of different things at once might result in a solution, but it would be a solution with no understanding.

Like you, I'm far more interested in figuring out what is going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you ever recreate the problem by taking the same steps that caused the problem immediately after having a lock up and restarting premiere?   It's very difficult to troubleshoot a problem that only occurs unpredictably... as we both know...   and have some pity on the people here trying to help.  As the thread gets lengthy, we may not remember all the details and we don't always have the time to review the previous posts in detail...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the thread gets lengthy, we may not remember all the details and we don't always have the time to review the previous posts in detail...  

By @Michael Grenadier

So true: when a thread gets very long or contains lengthy posts, I tend to bail out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I'll post an answer and the OP gets angry because he's already dismissed the idea...    2 different approaches.    Not sure which is best...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier wrote:

Can you ever recreate the problem by taking the same steps that caused the problem immediately after having a lock up and restarting premiere?   

I can never reproduce the problem at will by following a set of steps.  The problem happens a small percentage of time while following my exact normal exporting workflow.

I've reset preferences and imported into a new project the sequences I'm currently working with which I know for certain have been in use when the problem has happened.  All I can do now is wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the preview window in the video I posted demonstrating the error?  If so, then yes, it's white because the first frame of the video is white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines