• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Frame Popping Up in Premiere Pro 12.1.1 Sequence

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced a strange error today in Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 (version 12.1.1) in which I duplicated a sequence, made some edits, and then in one of my clips, there was consistently a random frame popping up from another, earlier clip in the sequence. When I toggled frame by frame, I could still see this same random frame pop up (even though I was looking at a clip that definitely doesn't include that frame). After a few seconds, though, Premiere would suddenly change the frame to the correct one. But it would never go away when playing the sequence.

I tried restarting Premiere (and my entire computer), and I tried changing the Playback resolution to 1/4. Nothing worked. I decided to delete the sequence and make another copy. This time, everything was fine. Does anyone know what caused this weird bug? Does this mean that my project is somehow corrupt? Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for moving this issue to the correct category!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this, thank you! Have you ever seen an error like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but if Pr is acting weird either trash media cache and or preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I trash both my media cache and preferences today, but Premiere is still acting up - it was also doing this and is now continuing to do this even after the preferences/cache reset:

IMG_5384 on Vimeo

When I spoke to Adobe support on the phone today, they said they had never seen this before and had no immediate suggestions. I'm truly hoping this isn't the sign of a corrupt project or something like that (this just started a few days ago).

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions they would be so appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this flikkering issue reported on the forum before.

Dont know any solution though but to update to 2019. Lots of issues have been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced this too.  In this case, I'm working with multi frame rate clips and png photo files.  I'll lay video into time line, next video track lay over photo cut aways.  So for ie:   video clip >> photo >> video clip....the first frame of video after photo is the last frame of photo....so it's duplicating it and laying into video clip.  But not showing up as frame duplicate.  My work around is making a mixdown of the clip.  It's really annoying.  Note, in this case only....I did not transcode any footage prior to importing.  So its 1080 x 720 and 520 x whatever.....and 30 frame rate, 24 frame rate, and weird skype or ichat frame rates.....a total mixed bag of non transcoded footage.   I'm working on casting reels so I'm not taking the time to transcode like my AE would usually do for me.  Thank you AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my issue, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My random frame was not visible in the time line, but I could stop play and see it in the program monitor. Cleaning the cache had no effect. But moving the clip over to AfterEffects (as in [right click] 'Repace With AfterEffects Composition) made the random frame visible, at the very top of the AE timeline. I selected it, deleted it, and went back to Premiere Pro. It was gone. I exported it, and it remained gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue, and it's happened on multiple projects ... Still no solution other than to try to create new versions and/or drag a new clip 😭 hope they can fix this... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same issue, hoped to find an easier way but here is MY (current) SOLUTION:

- Get a duplicate of the problem clip (the clip with the random frame appearing) by dragging in a fresh one from the project bin and dropping it somewhere at the end of your sequence so you don't mess up your timeline.

- Trim this new/duplicate clip up as close to the original/problem clip as you can (copy and paste effects to the new/dupicalte clip too if ya want)

- Delete the problem clip and drag the duplicate clip into the old one's spot. 

- The rest is up to you and for some reason, this doesn't always work. Sometimes I gotta make a separate sequence for the duplicate, then drag it back into the main sequence after.

Now if you'll excuse me. I have a lot of mysterious frames to do away with.

Happy editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*UPDATE: Extending the overlying clip (likely the clip that the randomly appearing frame came from) but using the opacity keyframes to "cut" the clip instead of actually cutting or trimming the ends of the clips also does the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this actually fixed it for me, but i used a slightly different method in opacity. i just changed the blend mode which got rid of the random frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just clicked the Opacity stopwatch to set a keyframe (no other changes) and it went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue for the first time on version 15.4.1. I'm using stills of frames to extend some video clips and I'm also adding .eps files for some graphics into the timeline. It's burning random frames from the stills, preceding video clips and even from the .eps files into my clip when I put it on the timeline, no matter where I put it. I tried a new sequence, and it still does it. Nowhere in the original clip in the source monitor does it show these weird random frames, but as soon as I add the clip to the timeline, in its entirety or trimmed, the weird random burned in frames are there. So frustrating! 

Has Adobe addressed this at all yet?? Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the exact same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never really solved it, but the problem footage was coming from a touchscreen software program on a programmable product for one of my clients that recorded video of the touchscreen functions for use in tutorials. I think what caused the problem was that it recorded in really strange random frame rates, like 12.34 or 9.38. Every recording was a different frame rate it seemed. I think Premiere was adding and dropping frames to try and make the weird footage work on the timeline. So to make it work a little better, I created a 23.976 fps sequence, dropped in the weird footage while keeping the sequence settings and made an export of all the footage in 23.976. The mp4 it kicked out still had glitches in it, but they were baked in, which is what I wanted. So I used that new exported footage as my main footage in a 23.976 sequence, and when I had to cut out weird random frames, it kept my cuts and didn't keep adding more random strange frames. So it wasn't entirely fixed, but it was so much better than having to fix it over and over again because it would keep generating more weird frames. I hope that made sense, and I don't know if it helps you, but that was my work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that upgrading to the latest version of Premiere Pro and the lastest Mac operating system didn't solve the glitch, which is why I had to come up with the work around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens a lot and here is how I easily fix it:

1.  Delete all render files in project.

2. Go into timeline and copy EVERYTHING and paste it further down the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give a visual of where you deleted all the render files in the project? I just want to make sure I'm not deleting more than I should or deleting the wrong files in reference to what you're talking about. And when you say further down the timeline, do you mean to a whole new area several minutes in on the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem happens for me after I render and then change something after.  It will still show a flash frame of the the rendered file that used to be there.

In the FINDER, I go to the FOLDER: "Adobe Premiere Pro Video Previews" and delete all the files in there.  The files start with the word "Rendered", so that's how I feel secure about deleting them and that they are not anything vital.  (I could just track down the file giving me problems and delete it, but it's simpler to delete them all - plus  others might give me problems later).

Then I go back to my timeline, but it still acts like it is rendered, so I found that if I copy everything and paste it further down the timeline (yes, just a few seconds past the end of the project) then it will show unrendered.  And the problem is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - so this worked for me in the timeline because once I pasted it in a new spot, it showed unrendered and the problem was gone ... however, when I exported the video, the glitches were back! So frustrating. I didn't render it before I exported, but I think it must do something during the export process that causes the glitchy flash frames to come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this might be easier:

When you first launch Pr from a shortcut, and before you open any projects, go to preferences>media cache and delete *all* your cache files. Pr will re-create them as necessary.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines