• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REMOVE DEFAULT PRESET EFFECT BINS

Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to delete these un wanted default effects. I would skip all the new fancy stuff Adobe puts in their updates just to get some functional things to make a editors life easier.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Hi jbellomo,

Feel free to post this idea on our user voice platform here: Premiere Pro: Hot (1772 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No clue what "default effects" you're talking about ... would love a bit more detail on your idea.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The presets bin in the effects panel. Being able to delete unused default effects just makes our desktops cleaner. Also in the export settings it would be nice just to have a favorite star so we  don't have to search through all the different formats when exporting because we really most of us just use 2 or 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, yes, I understand your point now.

Allowing customization of the bins in the Effects panel ... yea, I'd love that also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jbellomo,

Feel free to post this idea on our user voice platform here: Premiere Pro: Hot (1772 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this back in 2018 I see nothing has changed. We just keep getting more presets that we dont need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be conflating your interests with everyone. Which in an app like this, is easy but very wrong ... I've never seen two editors that worked alike. Or used the same set of effects. So what you think should be there will be a different list than every other editor out there. As would mine or anyone else's list.

The developers make that list based on the overall user base. It's not designed for any one user nor even any one workflow.

I've seen a couple places note that the preset lists are something like an HTML text item, and if you know how to open them and read them, you can go through and delete a ton of stuff. So you can search for that 'out there' if you wish.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you look earlier in the commentyou actualy agreed with me.

Ahhh, yes, I understand your point now.

Allowing customization of the bins in the Effects panel ... yea, I'd love that also.

Neil

Your comment is proving my point, we all work different and we should be allowed to delete these presets. Now I've searched over and over and fond nothing about HTML text items, as a matter of fact that's what I did before I wrote this because this request came up in my search and reminded me of it. If you do now of some site that shows this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution? As an editor myself I find these bins to be extremely annoying as I have my own presets and needing to scroll through Blurs, Convolution Kernel and 50 other folders I don't want is so time-consuming. Not sure why or what the motive is behind forcing editors to have cluttered spaces. I love organization and this is just annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making your own custom bins isn't cutting it? I don't know about you but I'd feel weird deleting things just because I don't use them that much. What if you do need them someday? I have a custom bin of the things that I use the most and I keep that open, or I search directly for what I'm looking for. I've never felt the urge to delete everything else, but that's just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a custom bin , but when I open it up I dont want to have to scroll. through effects i will never use. I been using premiere or 10 years now and I have never used Solarize or convulution kernal efect. These just get in the way I stuf I do need ,  I would like to create more of my bins but that just makes more clutter. I want to see less of things I dont use and if you use them great keep them. They should give us a choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to remove the mostly useless top Presets folder in the Effects panel, you can go to the program/package files, Premiere/version-number folder ... Plugins/(your language, mine is en-US)/Effects Presets, and move the Factory Presets.prfpset file into "storage" elsewhere.

It's been mentioned in a billion places on the 'net, is in Jarle Leirpoll's marvelous and massive tome on everything Premiere called "The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro " so it's really a widely disseminated mod. And it's been mentioned here on this forum from time to time.

Of course, you can simply move the file back if you wish. And every update to Premiere will naturally put it there again, so if you like moving it out, it's a first-thing you do when updating Premiere, go move it out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said before it's not all over the internet, I have looked. I did find that book your talking about and I did find  a google book preview but the page that tells you where that file is is not there. As you can see I asked this question back in 2018 and never got an answer and I was putting it out there that it wasnt answered.

I thought these forums were supposed to help users,  not be talked down to. Thank you for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No intention to 'talk down', sorry if it came across that way. Just stating stuff.

I've seen the removal mentioned in many other forums and on YouTube videos. Often included in suggestions to steamline or customize Premiere. It's been posted here a number of times over the years in various threads also.

I do highly recommend Jarle's book ... it is over 1200 pages of information on how to speed work in about any area of Premiere, and includes both some 'minor' customization things like this and some that go a bit farther into the woods. He's an incredibly practical editor/color/fx/graphics/delivery pro, and this is by far the most complete and detailed look at getting work into and out of Premiere made.

Long, detailed table of contents at the front makes it easy to find things ... and extensive index at the back also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that worked. I will get his book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally just got the ebook, and had it on my tablet always by my side. Then at last fall's Adobe MAX event, I saw a printed version (paperback) in the event bookstore. I didn't even look for a price, just grabbed and headed to the checkout.

It's like 7 pounds or so ... and I lug it forth/back between the studio and home every day. I find I'm in it most days for at least one little bit, as I keep trying to up my abilities and speed of operation.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing the Factory Presets.prfpset file there anymore. Did it change in 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's now in:

Program/Package Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2022/Localized Presets/<your language>/Effect Presets. The following is on my PC:

RNeilHaugen_0-1660782295256.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't stand how the default effects clutter up the Presets Bin in the Effects panel. I finally found the location of the Factory Presets.prfpset on my Mac for Premiere Pr 22.0.

Location on my drive (my language is English, yours may be different):

Macintosh HD > Applications > Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 > Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 > Contents > Resources > LocalizedPresets > en_US > Effect Presets preset location.png

To make it easy if I ever need them, I just compressed both the Factory Presets and Lumetri Presets files and kept them in there. Works beautifully.

clean presets!.png

 So nice to search Lumetri in presets and not have to scroll through a million presets I just don't use.

clean lumetri.png

A big shoutout and thanks to this thread - and especially to Neil for the final answer. I searched all over the internet for a long time, and this thread is the ONLY place I found the Factory Presets clue. Couldn't even find it on Jarle's website.

Neil, I'm sure you don't realize how you can come across at times. I'd like to point out that when you start by posting the answer, you don't come off as condescending - instead, you become like a hero and so many are unbelievably grateful to you! Like in this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aw, shucks .... 😉

Hey, I gotta say, that suggestion of yours to simply compress or "zip" the factory presets is just brilliant!

The main thing is the work has got to get out to the nice people what pays our bills, right? And when possible, it's sure nice to have the experience while doing the work as enjoyable ... or at least, as non-annoying ... as possible.

And yea, those long lists are a right pain. As are all the flickin' export presets you will NEVER EVER use in the new Export "page" ... unstar the lot of them!

Star only the ones you will use!!! And then make your own, detailed presets for each type you will regularly use. It takes a few minutes, but holy she-moly, that drops the "annoyance factor" a ton ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No never got an answer. I have looked over and over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just want to say it's 2021 and you asking this question a bunch of times and finally getting an answer from Neil (not a seemingly built into the program option but still) has made my effects bin way more usable! I also like being able to get rid of (or store in a different folder) all those lumetri presets that take forever to scroll through whenever I type "Lumetri" into the search trying to get the base filter (I like using Lumetri presets too I just don't name them "Lumetri"). 

Thanks to Neil also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines