• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render and replace

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you got proxy's running on your footage and you render and replace a file with 3th party fx on it to make it playback smoother. Does the proxy get rendered and replaced or this original file?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Anything like a render or render & replace or export always works from the original file, unless there's an option (as there is in a couple things) for you to choose to use the proxies.

So for Sequence render & replace, it doesn't matter if the proxy is toggled on or not, it will do the work from the original file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you're not using Sequence > Render Effects In to Out or Sequence > Render In to Out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with seq render and replace some third party plugins like sapphire / bcc playback slow but once I render and replace the clip with the effect in it. It runs smooth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also when you render and replace a file with effects on, once you cut it, move it, do anything with it. You need to re-render the seq. But if the clip is rendered and replaced in proress 422 you can just cut it and move it without the need to render and replace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything like a render or render & replace or export always works from the original file, unless there's an option (as there is in a couple things) for you to choose to use the proxies.

So for Sequence render & replace, it doesn't matter if the proxy is toggled on or not, it will do the work from the original file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I use proxy's and I render and replace the clip, it uses the original file to replace? So once I turn my proxy's off for the final render, I don't need to worry about the rendered and replaced clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines