• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render in to out keyboard shortcut

Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have I lost my mind or has the shortcut for Render in to out disappeared?  I've searched for it in the keyboard shortcuts and find nothing though it still exists as a menu selection in "Sequence".

I'd sure appreciate any enlightenment.  I've been dealing with going to the menu since 2015-2 came out and finally had time to ask.

thx...Jim Watt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hi Jim,

Yes, there is a keyboard shortcut; it's called "Render In to Out." You'll find it in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, under Application > Sequence (or just search for it).

Note that if you have the Work Area Bar enabled in your Timeline preferences (click the tab menu and check), the option will appear as "Render Entire Work Area." If you disable the WAB, you'll see the "Render In to Out" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont recall "Render In to Out" as a short cut or even a menu option.

Only Work area or entire sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been there forever or nearly forever.  I had a CMD/SHFT?R shortcut set up for it.  Generally if it's in the pulldown menu there's a shortcut for it.  I know it was in PP 2014.

thx...jw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Yes, there is a keyboard shortcut; it's called "Render In to Out." You'll find it in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, under Application > Sequence (or just search for it).

Note that if you have the Work Area Bar enabled in your Timeline preferences (click the tab menu and check), the option will appear as "Render Entire Work Area." If you disable the WAB, you'll see the "Render In to Out" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I have the program installed on two different machines and there is no "Render in to out" shortcut in either one.  Can't find it by searching or by browsing through the shortcuts.

thx...jw

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Processor:  4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory:  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk:  Mac HD/3 TB Fusion

Graphics:  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Video Drives: 6TB Raid “0” in OWC Raid Housing

Write Speed:  328 MB/s

Read 333.7 MB/s

4TB G-Raid

Write 245.9

Read 258.0

Premier Pro CC 2015-2

2 additional HDMI Monitors

AJA T-Tap & Blackmagic Mini Monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

That's truly bizarre!

render.png

If you search for "render," which options do you see? FWIW, I did discover a bit of a bug here, where if you've first enabled the Work Area Bar and then disabled it, the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog doesn't update until you mark and in/out in the sequence! I'll file a bug on that, but if you don't see the "Render In to Out" command, try those steps first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think I should reinstall?Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 9.53.12 AM.png  this is a screen shot of what I'm seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is identical to yours but missing Render in to out.

Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 10.08.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 10.08.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mark an In/Out in the Timeline panel and then go back to the dialog, has the shortcut name changed? This is the bug that I also came across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping...Everything is exactly the same with an "in and out" marked on timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Try restarting the application, making sure that the Work Area Bar is disabled and the In/Out are cleared. It seems this step is required to reinitialized the shortcut names in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog--though interestingly not in the menus. In my case, this did correctly change the name of the shortcut. An annoying bug for sure, but should only need to be a one-time thing since most people don't tend to use both.

Also, it's worth noting that the keyboard shortcut for "Render In to Out" and "Render Entire Work Area" is shared, so if you apply it to one the other will inherit it. Even if the name does not appear correctly in the dialog, it should still respond correctly within the application itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't change anything.  I didn't have the work area bar selected, so it was off anyway, but I toggled it on an off just to check.  Also no In or out set in timeline.Still don't have the option to "render in to out".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With enough messing around, I've been able to get into a weird state where the "Render Entire Work Area" option persists, even with no WAB visible, as it seems to be in your case. If I deleted the render files, then the option appeared correctly as "Render In to Out." Definitely not expected or desired behavior, so I'll log a bug for this issue. That said, as mentioned before, since the fault seems to be in the dialog and not the command itself, you can assign the shortcut to the "Render Entire Work Area" command and as long as the WAB is not visible, the command/shortcut will operate on the marked In/Out range. Hopefully that will work for you until the bug in the display is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Colin!  Thanks for spending the time to figure this out. 

Thx...jw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin

FYI - I have the same issue on my WIN 7 system and see the same as the O.Ps frame grab ( except it says Enter instead of Return)

FWIW Its no actual issue  to me because I dont use that workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render selection key short used to be command-r, now it's broken and I can't even manually set it up in the keyboard shortcuts window. Anyone else having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see or make a short ct for Render In to Out ... this is in Pr 2022?

Is this problem going to be fixed ... ever?  5 years later?

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is called "render selection" ... have you tried that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Yes, Render Selection just plays back the currently selected clip, it doesn't render it.

The ONLY work around is to enable WAB (Work Area Bar), adjust those start/end points to cover the area I want rendered, then select "Render Entire Work Area".  There is NO ability to create a short cut for "Render Entire Work Area" (same problem as Render In Out).

FYI, when WAB is enabled the Render In Out is not longer an option.

Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, when WAB is enabled the Render In Out is not longer an option.

By @Rob Ainscough

That is correct and has been like that for a very long time. You either render in to out or the WAB. Cannot have both.

Many of us abandoned the WAB.

Yes, Render Selection just plays back the currently selected clip, it doesn't render it.

By @Rob Ainscough

Render Selection it will only render it the render bar is red. Premiere assumes when the render bar is yellow, your machine is able to playback in real time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its very much useful feature in premier pro where one can render only mark area "In to Out" render but now in update of 2023 its missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that is what brought me also here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines