• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Malfunction - Error Compiling Movie - Export Error

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render my premiere pro video, and I keep getting an error when I try.

It reads:

Error compiling movie

Export Error

Exporter returned bad result

writing with exporter: DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a

Component: DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error Code: 14

I can't seem to find any solutions to this problem online, and when I try to save my file, it returns with another error that reads:

Project Save Error

An unknown error occurred while saving the project

I just reset my cache & preferences, to no avail.

Anybody have any ideas about what I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

I just cleared some more space on my hard drive, and all the errors disappeared.

Funny that none of the error messages mentioned anything about insufficient space.

Anyways, problem solved. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to fix whatever is on the timeline at the given time in the error message.

It can be anything, faulty clip, transition, effect you name it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just cleared some more space on my hard drive, and all the errors disappeared.

Funny that none of the error messages mentioned anything about insufficient space.

Anyways, problem solved. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank the web for users that find and share solutions to such stupid problems (that Adobe Community Professionals have no clue about, obviously; do they ever?..). Couldn't the message just say "Error: not enough disk space"???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Sergiu,

Sorry, man! I understand the frustration. Deciphering error codes are something that ACPs or even support does not have much experience with. I'm working on a project to make this easier for everyone involved. 

Error code 14 is a File I/O error. I included the info on a FAQ. I will add notes to indicate that clearing up disk space can help with this issue. Error code 4 is for "out of disk space" so I'm not sure why that one didn't get triggered instead. I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPIC find paulp9251700

It doesn't give you a hint as to what it might be... the I/O (read/write) error ...I didn't even think about disk space!

you saved me on a deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ended up here in June 2022 - issue was new update switched the render engine to AVI for previews, changed it to quicktime and its working great now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Just ran into this problem. now it works..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't remember off the top and not near my computer now...Think it's in
sequence settings. Google preview renderer settings and that should turn
up something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me today. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the issue and this comment helped me out, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a timeline setting. Depending on which sequence you're working with, they could have different render previews even sequences within the same project. 

Thank you SircleSam, this fixed my night up. I had no idea what these render issues were about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved me today, big thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Also worth checking if (as was the case for me) Premiere is trying to save preview files in the OneDrive directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this worked perfectly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

The Error Compiling Movie Database can help you decode the error message: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-fix-error-compiling-movie-errors-in-prem...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way. Thank you very much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're most welcome, my friend! 🙂

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, going to sequence settings > Preview file format > Change Microsoft AVI to I frame only MPEG. No idea why, but it worked for me. Adobe is seriously becoming a wreck. Theres a new issue I have to do deal with nearly every time I use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing. This is the correct answer. Wrestled with the same problem all evening then "bingo". Went to sequence settings>preview file format>changed Microsoft AVI to Iframe only MPEG. Render is now complete.  I can reassemble my project. Thanks much. My head and attitude feel much better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you SO much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you fix this if it is coming from AE to ME?  There is no Sequence settings option for this and it is doing this exact issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines