• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Sequence In/Out Is Taking Forever (over 20 hours for a 14 minute Sequence)

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence is roughly 14 minutes in length, and is a mix of BRAW (I downloaded the plugin a couple months ago), Mavic 2 Pro, and A7s III footage. The playback has suddenly lagged and become extremely choppy, so I did the normal reduce playback to 1/2, or 1/4, etc and still problematic. It hasn't been an issue. When I've had similar issues before, I render the Sequence from In to Out and it has fixed the slow playback. However, suddenly it now has been rendering for nearly 21 hours, and is at 99.08% complete... It got to 95% complete in about an hour yesterday, but has taken 20 hours to go from 95 to 99 percent. When I started this, I originally cleaned out my media cache and remapped it to the folder on an external ssd (this is the 4th attempt at rendering the sequence). This 14 minute sequence, has now rendered over 160GB of rendered files. When I go into the folder labeled Adobe Premiere Pro Video Previews, it has over 40,000 files, and when scrolling through these, they only seem to be coming from about 15 clips from BRAW footage from the first 5 minutes of the project. It seems as though it's rendering over 160gb of the same 15 clips, which in actuality are just 12 GB in BRAW form from the original footage....

APLMedia_0-1652992899278.png

I have just a couple of transition effects in a couple spots, but no effects on the footage itself, as I have only been editing for picturelock, no warp stablizer, no color, no speed ramps, etc, etc, only 4 graphic cards I created in after effects, but this issue has bee persisent prior to adding the graphics in. I am perplexed at this issue. All other projects I am working on render perfectly normal... This is my only project with BRAW Footage, so I'm guessing it has something to do with these files??

Macbook Pro 16inch 2019

My MAC OS is Monterey 12.3.1

2.4 GHz 8-core Intel Core i8

64GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 56000M 8GB

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photo seems small, so uploaded again hoping to be bigger

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 1.37.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rendering in smaller sections and see if you can narrow down where the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for info regarding your video previews. You set those up in the Sequence wSettings in the Video Previews section near the bottom. When you render your timeline those are the files that you are creating. You'll get a new rendered clip for every clip between edit points in the timeline. You can change the video preview codec to see if it renders any better with something like ProRes rather than MPEG. Adjust the settings accordingly, like if you only need it for previewing purposes you can set it to a Proxy level codec of ProRes and keep the frame size low. If you plan to use video previews to export you can set the ProRes level higher (but the file sizes will be quite large.)

Just like with any encoding it doesn't matter what the file size of the original recording is. That's completely irrelevant. You're encoding new video files. 

As far as playback resolution is concerned, just know that it's going to have a pretty nominal effect on playback performance of straight media, since you still have to do rthe hard part of decoding the media before you can play it at a lower resolution.

On my end BRAW is actually quite performant and I don't need to do any transcoding. The DJI drone will usually be terrible for playback and often needs to be transcoded prior to working with. H264/5 from the A7s probably won't be that performant either (but I have less experience working with those cameras.)

Which BRAW plugin are you using? The BM one or the Autokroma one? If it seems like the BRAW is the issue you could try the different plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines