• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render with Mercury playback GPU acceleration option missing on Apple Macbook pro M1 2021 16 GB ram

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having serious issues with play back and noticed, I don't even have the option to use Mercury play baack engine gpu acceleration when I go to preferences and general. I just updated to Montery 12.5 hoping it would fix the driver issue but no luck. Runing Premiere Pro 22.5 

When I try to lay in a simple bullet point MOGRT I can not even see where I'm putting on a pasued timeline basically have to render and guess check again where Im putting it. 

Paly back is set to 1/4 on a 1080 sequence 

Media Cache is set to the same SSD as project. 

Reserved 3gb of 16gb for other applications

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 1.24.12 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the project settings for MPE hardware/software.

In the preferences under media you will find decoding options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows mercury play back engine but is greyed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm very sorry to tell you this, but the Apple Silicon-native versions of Premiere Pro are permanently locked to the "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal)" mode, and cannot be changed at all to any other mode such as software-only. You will need to run Premiere Pro in the Intel mode through Rosetta 2 in order to enable the other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines