• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

replace subclip with original clip in a sequence

Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so working on this music video that's something of a nightmare.  Shot with 3 cameras that weren't matched (although they were supposed to at least be white balanced properly) and although I started and stopped my camera for each take, my 2 comrades did not always do this.  So in order to create the multicamera sequence for these clips with multiple takes I had to create subclips for each take.  not a big deal (although a little irritating) but now I want to take the final sequence over to resolve to do the color correction by exporting an xml from premiere and guess what?  The subclips do not get imported into resolve.  So it seems that I can match frame to the subclip and then match frame to the original clip and replace the subclip with the camera original in the timeline, but it's just another pita...  Done due diligence googling and searching this forum for what was very simple in fcp7 "remove subclip limits."  Am I missing something?  Thanks as always.

Michael

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

I'll check with my Resolve peeps over on the MixingLight user Slack. See if they've got an idea.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Neil, turns out there may be another issue.  Resolve doesn't seem to be able to import mp4 clips from a panasonic lumix camera.  I tried just importing a file into a new project and it just brought in the audio, no video...  Doing some more digging now and updating my resolve 17 windows install to the newest version to see if that makes any difference.  Never simple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it ain't one thing ... yea.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines