• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right Click not working on Premiere or AE

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My right click doesn´t work to expand the tool options in Premiere nor After Effects. I can expand the tool options in AE with the shortcut key, but not in Premiere. It is very dissaponting and I see this issue(in several ways) in too many posts, with no useful answers to me. I have PC, Windows 10, two monitors. Plese help!!! It is frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Problem solved - corrupted Workspace was my problem.
Uninstall, Reinstall of Premiere & reset preferences of Premiere (complete reset).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the contextual menu for the panels?

Do they work with one monitor disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t know if I mean that. In the tools panel, the little arrow in the bottom right, In photoshop it can be displayed with the right click and I have done it before in AE. But for a few days now, It is not working in AE nor premiere. No, it doesn´t work with one monitor only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 360VisitasVirtuales,

Is this the current version of these applications? This sounds like a bug that was already fixed. Can you please make sure you are operating with the new versions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CC subscription and it does not say I have to update anything. I update every time, as soon as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - updated to the latest Premiere version and still unable to right click in my Timeline. How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know which version and build you are using at present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just installed adobe premiere pro 2020 the right click is not working, can you advised me how to fix this,  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem! right click does not work in premiere pro 2019 and 2020... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have recently install premier pro 2022. it still not working. can't expand tool on right click. i have reinstalled it still facing this issue. i am using it in window 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12.1.1 Build 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care and ask for video queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved - corrupted Workspace was my problem.
Uninstall, Reinstall of Premiere & reset preferences of Premiere (complete reset).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try...but i like my workspace :_(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete and make it again.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg! i found the solution! click both left and right mouse clicks at the same time - or click them along with the scroll key (middle). it works! i got frustrated with this problem and i didn't want to uninstall install premiere (also resetting preferences didn't work for me) so i just clicked away the mouse! haha - hope it helps someone too! you're welcome!

Another is long press on it! 🙂 left mouse click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this helped me so much, i can't believe it's just holding a click on them was the solution for me, so easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot it helped! Never happened to me before, I'm not sure what triggered this error but thanks for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, it's worked for me. It's seems they changed the program behavior. This works on 2022 pro as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yessss, this helped me. Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't believe how trivial this is, but it works. 

Thanks heaps for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, no mouse right clicks work. Used to be able to right click to copy or delete effects from timeline, or right click to create new sequence, folder etc... please fix. very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've worked it out. You need to go to the mac system preference and enable mouse right click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines