• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Ripple Edit' on blank section

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, newbie to PP, I've gotten the basics down, been doing Ripple Edits on Source Footage fairly well. However I've managed somehow to get to a point where I have a blank section between edits and I can't just do ' ripple edit' to close the gap and can't (as far as I know) just slide the edits to the right to close the gap. Sorry for newbie question but...

ripple.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Click down in the blank area to select it first, then Ripple Delete it:

ScreenFlow.gif

If you want to do it manually, use the Track Forward Selector to select everything to the right of where you click down on the timeline:

ScreenFlow.gif

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what a Ripple Edit does.

ie It closes the gap by bringing the trailing  clips forward to meet the prior clips .

Its logical when you think about it. The start time is a constant reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks. I get the concept which is why I've been doing that with my clips, however when I select the blank area I am unable to do a ripple edit to remove the blank section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click down in the blank area to select it first, then Ripple Delete it:

ScreenFlow.gif

If you want to do it manually, use the Track Forward Selector to select everything to the right of where you click down on the timeline:

ScreenFlow.gif

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi thank you. It turns out by the issue was I had a video track above that was not sycned to the other tracks and was making selecting the blank section not work. I removed that track which I didn't need and it worked fine. Track Forward Selector is a great tip, I was in fact about to post a question regarding that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines