Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Rotation' keyframes creates a jerky video

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I'm rotating a video from one keyframe "-20" at the beginning to another keyframe later on in the video at "+20". When I playback the video looks jerky and not at all smooth. I've tried changing Time Interpolation to the other options but the jerkiness still remains.

Are there any ways to create rotation within a video without the jerkiness?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time interpolation wont help: rendering the clip might.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame rate of the sequence and the duration of the animation are important factors.

You can also try rotating with the transform filter. Set the shutter angle to 180 degrees and that will introduce some motion blur which is often helpful in these scenarios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies guys.

What worked for me was to open a new sequence, copy paste the clip into the new sequence, use the Transform Filter to rotate, Nest the clip, and then copy paste it back into the original sequence.

The clip now runs smooth as honey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, but I do not want to nest EVERY image that I put in my project. Any alternative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesting isn’t required.  The transform filter is a unique option to allow you to add a little motion blur. No other way to do it that I know of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I do not often use the transform effect because is a bit less efficient. But I found another workaround: it seems that Premiere is not interpreting correctly when the "still" image is ALREADY "moving". Putting a constant effect in the clip like Levels worked as a workaround for solving the bug, but it is still a bug. Please, if more people experiment this bug, send a vote here: Scaling an image doesn't preview properly (CC2019) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines