• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

S-Log files automatically have a colour profile since the update

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the colour grading for the S-Log shots in an older version of Premiere Pro. Since the new update, the colour is no longer correct and the contrast is much too high. It looks like Premiere Pro automatically selects a colour profile for S-Log. Unfortunately, I can't find out how to switch this off in the new Premiere Pro version. Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the links Ann provided, you should be able to find the new color management settings in the bottom of the Modify/Interpret Footage panel. Rather hidden to my mind, but the devs think that's the logcial place everyone would naturally look to ... ahem.

They have the tools there, and there's both the "override" option and an input conversion option.

The totally non-intuitive thing is if you use the Input option, that's only to tell Premeire what you want that to be 'seen' as on input.

For proper use, meaning display and output, you ALSO need to set the Override to option to what you want done with it.

So ... setting the S-log3 option in the Input isn't enough, you also need to set the Override to Rec.709 option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you really much! I really wonder who came up with this idea at Adobe. I can do these settings on all the old files. However, I am now glad that I finally know how to change this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro was totally Rec.709 for color handling/processing/math prior to the 2022 version. And it had to change to work correctly with HDR media going forward.

That said, I've been somewhat unhappy (to be polite) with where they've put the new color management user controls, spread around the app rather than in one coherent "essential color management" panel as I think they should have.

You're welcome of course to upvote the suggestion on their Uservoice system ... 😉

Neil

Premiere Pro UserVoice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers R Neil Haugen!
This was really helpful it worked. Initially I spent lot of time trying to figure this out, checked all the options available, including interpret footage. Maybe putting this option under interpret footage is alright. But it is confusing when they say "Use colour space from Slog3" and then it gives you colour corrected view. Why would I click on "colour override" when I have already selected "use colour space from Slog3".. there liew confusion. Still not able to figure out why Adobe felt the need to make this change..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*lies the confusion, not liew the confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Full user controlled color management, like Resolve has had, will have several steps.

The first is stating the assumed color space of the file entering the CM process. The next is any tranform/conversion to bring that file into relationship with a sequence. Then there's the Display CM setting ... and of course, export.

So as Premiere Product Manager Francis Crossman, you may well be best served by both checking that middle option of S-log3.cine (to set the Input transform) and the Override to Rec.709 to set the sequence space.

Or not ... you'll have to test on your system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines