• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Problem In Premiere Pro CC 2018

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my Premiere program to the Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 version. For some reason whenever I decide to Save As... a video project I'm working on, all the panels disappear after I click to save. From what I can tell it isn't saving when this happens. Does anyone know why this is happening?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

What steps are you doing when this happens?  The only way to use the SAVE AS command is to save your project to a NEW FILE NAME, one that does not exist.  If you try using the SAVE AS command with an existing file name you will have the issue that you describe.  This should not be happening but it does.

To SAVE a file to and EXISTING FILE NAME use the SAVE command ONLY!

Please let me know in detail the steps that are taking when the issue occurs for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE... PLEASE... Let us know when you find another option... I am ready to immigrate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, about ready to switch to other editing programs. This is pathetic. This is the 3rd time I've completely lost a project because of this crap. As the person above me said, this is not okay for a company of this caliber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem as well - session totally wiping when you use "Save As"... sometimes even with "Save as Copy"... this is ridiculous. These bugs are unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried many things but resetting the workspace seems to work for a short while. I edited about 10 videos with no problem, then suddenly it happened again. It does seem to be mostly when using save as rather than just saving. I wonder if when we move the workspace it causes problems? But this is a necessary thing for most editors as we like to have things where we want them!

I have had to setup the autosave to be every 3 minutes now which is a pain, but will allow me to reopen the file if it goes wrong. Although the constant autosave does slow down the whole process as i cant edit whilst saving.

Looking forward to the next update! what is going to break next!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. To add insult to injury all my students as they were saving their projects lost all their work!!! This is CRAZY! I am calling Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a different problem with saving--just that it is taking ridiculously long to save my project at all. Not in a "save as" but just regular save...It should take a few seconds to save a tiny change I made, instead it's taking multiple minutes! Was having this problem a few days ago with the 2017 version (also, it would just freeze when I tried to save, and then crash after several minutes of waiting). I thought maybe it would fix itself if I just updated to the latest version but NOPE. I'm on a deadline here and every time I try to save my project it wastes my time...wtf Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here.

I just started a new project, worked all day, opened the project again and it only had the work I had done through the very first save (in other words just the imported footage and timeline creation). 

I frequently save as I work and I recieved no indication that the project wasn't saving.  Closed Premiere normally, next time I opened it I discovered that a day of work is gone.  Not a good feeling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem, but if you've totally lost your project you can find it again in auto save. hopefully this will help. It's not a fix but it will do until adobe can do something about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this does not always work as I found out with my students. The auto save is only good up to the last save and my students lost more than half of their work. Its possible we could change the autosave time in preferences but in my opinion this should be fixed by Adobe. Save as should not delete anything. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is quite disappointing as we are paying for these programs.I know auto save isn't a fix I just thought it would be a way to retrieve some of our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018.exe and click run as administrator... I had same issue like you but after the administrator thing it worked fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an acceptable solution though for a lab environment. Student's do not have administrator rights to do that. Honestly this problem shouldn't even be a problem. How could Adobe breaks something so basic on both macOS and Windows (Yes I tested both yesterday). I've had to send out warning emails to our faculty about this issue just so the kids don't lose any class work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Babeers,

I am in full agreement with you! I also run a digital media lab and am just now teaching Premiere. I have never had this issue in the years of teaching Premiere. VERY disappointed in Adobe right now. I go far out of my way to find funding for the pro versions so my students are using industry standard software and this is something Adobe needs to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I do not have the file you are referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody! I'm having the same problem, it is so amateur this bug seriously...

I haven't found a solution for the bug, this will not make your "Save as..." or "Save as Copy" work again or whatsoever, this is just an alternative option to save the project...

Ok, so if you already saved the project, don't "Save as..." or "Save as Copy" again, cause if you would, it obviously will crash again... instead of that, just save it normally (Ctrl + S)

I hope this useless 13 year old helped you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moniqueb96626914  wrote

instead of that, just save it normally (Ctrl + S)

To add to that:

If you do it that way, after saving,  use Windows Explorer to copy the file to another drive and rename it Project Name v1 (v2, v3, etc.) so you have incremental versions saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue.  I save files incrementally so I did not lose much.  This is an inexcusable error and needs to be fixed ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very embarrassing this error. It seems that Adobe has not yet found a solution even after the last update.

For most publishers this error mean time lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest update and I have come to the following conclusions that I have been able to repeat every time now.

1) The bug does exist under the following circumstances.  If you click Save As and give the name of an existing file the bug hits.  If you Save As and give a new file name (one that did not exist before) then it works as it should.

2) The Save command is the safest way to save and existing file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ffisher56  wrote

I downloaded the latest update and I have come to the following conclusions that I have been able to repeat every time now.

Tell Adobe about that:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will try this. I was able to instruct my students to use SAVE and not save as. So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you see the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its January 2018, and my Premiere Pro CC loses all my work in the timeline.  OMG.  What the Flip!  Going work in Camtasia and gonna try out Filmora Wondershare.

Can't live like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps are you doing when this happens?  The only way to use the SAVE AS command is to save your project to a NEW FILE NAME, one that does not exist.  If you try using the SAVE AS command with an existing file name you will have the issue that you describe.  This should not be happening but it does.

To SAVE a file to and EXISTING FILE NAME use the SAVE command ONLY!

Please let me know in detail the steps that are taking when the issue occurs for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines