• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale and position animation problems

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to animate scale/position in premiere pro using keyframes the animation takes place in the first few seconds of the clip, rather than throughout the entire clip, anyone know a fix?

HELP! PREMIERE PRO CC 2015 KEYFRAME SCALE/POSITION ERROR - YouTube

See video of error here.

pay attention to the effects panel and the video preview.

Thanks!

Edited by Kevin Monahan

Title too long

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Hey Guys,

Ive found a solution. Before you start key framing, go to "Effects" and layer "Transform" on top of the image/video you want to keyframe. Keyframe everything under the "Tranform" drop down in "Effects Controls"

Hope this has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but this method yields exactly the same result for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stumpled upon this while searching Google to resolve a very similar issue that I am having. I figured I'd still reply since I found a method that worked for me.

My issue

Transform effect seems to not scale or position on a clip that I applied the effect to.  WTF... pulling hair out.

What I believe was happening to cause the issue.

Before applying the "Transform" effect to the clip. I had done a speed ramp to the same clip.  I believe that the stacking of the two effects were conflicting with each other.  Speed ramping with it's sudden slow and fast motion and the "Transform" effect with its fast zoom in with the 180 degree shutter angle active.

The solution that worked for me.

I seperated out the two motion effects (Transform, and Speed Ramping). I left the Speed Ramp on the original clip and I created an adjustment layer and applied the "Transform" effect to that.

I really hope this helpls some of you out, I normally don't leave replies but this fraustrated me enough that I felt obligated to leave a reply with the solution that worked for me.

Cheers and happy editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this is helping me! Very frustrating that the keyframes that have worked for years is now acting up. I am on "linear." I tried "transform" but doing the same thing. I tried resetting. Didn't help. I'm thinking now of going back to FCP. Ughh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youuuuuuuuu i think you solved my issue i was thinking this but i wasnt sure if it would work, just shows try it first before you ask lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION: Select the keyframes in the "effect control" panel, right click, find "spatial interpretation" from the drop down menu, and select "linear" instead of "auto bezier". This helped me to fix the jumping back and forth effect when I just wanted to scroll an image in the video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Aaron.

Like you, I am trying to animate a still image in a video. I am using Premiere Pro V15.4.1 on a workstation running Windows 10 V21H1.

I found the Start Animating In Premiere Pro tutorial and the Advanced Keyframing In Premiere Pro tutorial to be helpful in understanding how to select a keyframe and change its default settings.

As you have noted, Auto Bezier (not Linear) is the default Spatial Interpolation setting for a keyframe. (By the way, a Bézier curve is a parametric curve defined by a set of control points, two of which are the ends of the curve, and the others determine its shape.) It is odd that a spatial interpolation setting is associated with a keyframe, since the interpolation setting would seem to define the shape of the curve between two keyframes, and not apply to a keyframe itself (which, except for the first and last keyframe in a sequence, defines the endpoint of two curves, one being the curve which precedes the keyframe in time and the other being the curve which follows the keyframe in time).

Like you, I found that Premiere Pro's interpolation of some curves between two keyframes is not linear. In particular, when I ask that the horizontal position change over time from one keyframe to another (keeping the vertical postion constant), the vertical position varies in the animation. I found that if I change the Spatial Interpolation of the keyframe following the curve from Auto Bezier to Linear, the vertical position of the curve no longer varies in the animation.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your information. Kamran Khan is a London-based Motion Graphics Design Company, We specialized in Art Direction, Graphic Design, Compositing, After Effects Animation, Video Editing, and 2D and 3D animated videos. If you’re looking for a solid pattern you may want to consider Kamran Khan. They have delivered animated videos to the world’s leading enterprise and consumer-facing companies. They have been fortunate enough to work with the clients like Unilever, AIG Insurance, LinkedIn, Earth Speak charity, Nissan, Directline, BT, Nike, Gas Register Safety, O2, 4DC Podcast Strategists, USI Money, Elvie, Seafarers, CII, BBC, ITV, Discovery Channel, Aljazeera tv, BMO, Legal & General, Quilter, Avis and NH Hotel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines