• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning plugins

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to stop or make it faster the Scanning Audio Plug-Ins. i just bought Adobe Premiere and is taken forever (8hrs) i need to use my program right now

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a lot of audio plug-ins installed?

digital rebellion has a plug in manager that will allow you to remove any plug-ins you don't need and that can greatly reduce your premiere launch time.  https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promaintenance/

I think there's a free trial but the package is worth the money...

If you don't have a lot of plug ins installed, something is wrong.  Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.. yes I have a lot of plugins for Ableton.. I DO NOT WANT premiere to even use these.. this has rendered Premiere useless to me... 

this is aweful, I need IT NOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're on a mac, check out digital rebellion's plug in manager as I suggested.  If not, there may be a windows alternative that some googling might reveal or you may just have to manually move them so Premiere doesn't see them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are telling me that I need to MOVE THEM?  You realize that would destroy my sound design setup right?   I have many hats and many jobs.  My sound design and Premiere work are totally separate.. you are telling me that I either get some 3rd party plugins or comletely move my sound design plugins... there is absolutely no way to have Premiere not search for the plugins?  Also.. Premiere crashes after the search and is totally unusable.

I am so dissapointed in Adobe.  There has to be a better way to edit my work than with Premiere and will be searching for that.

It took ages to get my soundesign studio working and installing 3rd party plugin managers is totally out of the question.

This is not for PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to help. I don't work for adobe. I just use their products.
Are you on a Mac or windows machine? Moving a plug ins folder on the same
drive should be virtually instantaneous...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that you are trying to help.

Let me be very very clear here,

1:

I am on a Mac (sorry if that wasnt clear in the last 3 messages).

2:

Its not about how long it takes at all.. its about breaking the connections for my soundesign digital audio workspace.  I DO NOT want to move my plugins.  It took a very long time to get them all dialed in and working with my DAW.

3:

Adobe Premiere should not be having this kind of an issue.  It should be as simple as selecting an option somewhre to skip scanning for audio plugins.

Thanks for your efforts

I give up on Premiere and will be looking elsewhere or even trying to do my work in After Effects, which has zero issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think digital rebellions plug in manager is for exactly this problem.
Try reaching out to Jon Chappell. the head of DR and see what he says. My
understanding is that it regulates what software has access to which
plug-ins. Here is Jon's email
Jon Chappell
I know Jon from the apple fcp7 support board... a good guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like adobe removed his email. Just go to digital rebellions website
and contact them for a definitive answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your time and help!!

I really appreciate it..

j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted you to know that I got the Digital Rebellion plugin manager as you suggested.. AND IT WORKED!

Thanks a million, your advice saved my life..

all the best

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and thanks for closing the thread.  Hopefully this will help other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted you to know that I got the Digital Rebellion plugin manager as you suggested.. AND IT WORKED!

Thanks a million, your advice saved my life..

Thanks a million!

all the best

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines