• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen recording - How to speed up the process of converting videos in Handbrake

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If anybody are doing an important amount of screenrecording they later edit in Premiere, you may know that to avoid issues you want to convert it to constant framerate, for which Handbrake seems to be the go to program.

I tend to record several short pieces of video, and converting them all is some extra work time I'd like to minimize as much as possible. Does anybody have any tips on things you can do yo make your life easier on this? I really dislike, specially when it's a patch I have to go and hurry up to record, having to always do the extra step of opening Handbrake, dragging and dropping, wait for conversion, and only until then, adding the file to my timeline.

Adobe really needs to look at this thing, as they claim Premiere supports variable framerate, but after a couple of big headaches with glitches in the exported file, their support team pretty much instructed me to always convert my screen recording files to constant framerate first. 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake has a batch operation but it takes some futzing with it to figure out how to get it to actually do the whole batch.

ShutterEncoder is another option, and has a much more modern UI, so you might try that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody have any tips on things you can do yo make your life easier on this?

By @defaulttsmy9ux2wo4y

Use a screen recording application that record constant frame rate may be the best long term solution.

I use the free version of FlashBack Express to record screen recordings and set it to capture 30 fps and export 30 fps and they come in to Premiere Pro ready to use as is without converting them. MediaInfo report the files as Constant as well.

Link: FlashBack Express - the best free screen recorder (flashbackrecorder.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OBS can also do CFR exporting if you set it correctly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Nvidia's Shadowplay for screen recording. I can drop and drag the files into Premeire Pro with no issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attachment explains how to import multiple videos into HandBrake.

AnnBens_0-1637852085364.png

[Edited by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lovely! Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe claims to support since 2018 though. But we all know that it does not.

New features summary for the January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines