• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

select tool become ripple edit tool instead normal stretch on the end o clip positioned

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i take my selection tool and put it at the end of the clip to stretch it instead of just being able to stretch it it turns into ripple edit tool.
how can i make it normal?RIPPLE DELETE TOOL.jpegSELECTION TOOL AS SELECTION TOOL.jpeg
TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Probably because the option in the Preferences/Trim for "allow selection tool to choose roll and ripple trims without modifier key" is selected/active.

If so, right over the end, you get the red 'stretch' tool, and just a titch to either side, your get the yelllow ripple tool.

I always have that setup this way so I can do stretch or ripple instantly without needing a modifier key.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because the option in the Preferences/Trim for "allow selection tool to choose roll and ripple trims without modifier key" is selected/active.

If so, right over the end, you get the red 'stretch' tool, and just a titch to either side, your get the yelllow ripple tool.

I always have that setup this way so I can do stretch or ripple instantly without needing a modifier key.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, the box was checked in the preference, so it didn't change, I couldn't do it:"...

just one pull to each side you get the yellow curl tool."

FCAS_0-1654900440102.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like something got corrupt... that should be a red icon - perhaps try resetting the preference

Hold down: Alt/Options on Mac or Alt on (Windows) when restarting Premiere. When dialogue box appears, press OK!

hope that helps.
Mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines