• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious Error Has Occurred

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive a serious error about 10 minutes into editing a project, recovery projects have this same issue as well.

Here is an excerpt from the crash log:

"Crashed thread: 138 [25820] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Exception Parameters: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000020
Exception Message: 3221225477 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

Application Specific Information:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2021\dvaaudiofilterhost.dll

Thread 0: [15488] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL
0 ntdll 0x00007ffa15e4cea4 NtWaitForSingleObject + 20
1 KERNELBASE 0x00007ffa135019ce WaitForSingleObjectEx + 142
2 MSVCP140 0x00007ff9f36529ef Thrd_join + 31
3 CRClient 0x00007ffa0deb27df SetCRSignatureVerificationPreference + 44239
4 KERNELBASE 0x00007ffa135ec247 UnhandledExceptionFilter + 487
5 ntdll 0x00007ffa15e55270 memset + 5040
6 ntdll 0x00007ffa15e3c776 _C_specific_handler + 150
7 ntdll 0x00007ffa15e5217f _chkstk + 287
8 ntdll 0x00007ffa15e01454 RtlRaiseException + 1076
9 ntdll 0x00007ffa15e50cae KiUserExceptionDispatcher + 46
10 dvaaudiofilterhost 0x000000000f3a77a1 dvaaudiofilterhost::AudioFilter::ValidatePresetVersion + 12177
11 dvaaudiofilterhost 0x000000000f395af0 ? Unknown - (Symbols generated from a DLL export table) [ Error:487 Attempt to access invalid address. ]"

System:

i7 4770k

32gb Ram

GTX 1080

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What media are you working with? And with what effects applied?

Can you load a different project and work?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with 3 cameras, 5D MK-IV, R5, and 7D. It's approximately 2.3TB of footage. Only effect that is applied is a CLOG-3 lut applied to the R5, however I'm working in multi-cam with composite preview and am just have my MK-IV selected which has no effects applied. I can attempt to work on another project tomorrow, this one is more pressing. 

Today I tried reformatting my project drive to NTFS/64kb and copying the files over from the backup drive. No luck, still having the same error. I've also noticed that the preview takes a few seconds to start playing, and my ripple delete cuts take a few seconds as well. Last week, priror to this update, I was not having these issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also cleared my media cache and updated my card to the latest driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interested to see if the same thing happens in other projects, or just this one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did 25 minutes of work in another project without a crash. I'll also try the crashing project on different machine tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: create a new project. Go to the Media Browser panel, and navigate to the other project's .prproj file. Click it, and Import a sequence from that project into the new one. Maybe start with one that was working if you have one.

If that works fine, import the problematic one and see if it works in the new project. As if there's some corruption in the project file, this can get around that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that this morning and experienced a crash. Premiere stopped responding and I had to end the process. 

I tried working on my other machine (a Mac) and had no issues, however my windows machine is built for Premiere, has a better GPU, scratch disk, etc. 

I had been running the drive through an external HDD dock. I just attempted to run it internally and am still experiencing crashes. The next thing I will try is using the project drive as the scratch disk instead of routing scratch files to my scratch SSD. 

I have two copies of this HDD, one is NTFS and one is Mac OS Journaled. The Mac OS Journled works on my mac machine, but when running on my Windows machine using Mediafour's Mac Drive I experienced crashes. I reformatted my backup drive as NTFS and experienced the same crashes. 

Any posssible reasons why this project works on my Mac but not my Windows? Does that crash log have any useful information in it? To me it looks like therer is some issue with this "dvaaudiofilterhost.dll" but I'm not sure how to read these crash logs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting that the file copied I guess to the Mac drive works fine, but not the one on the drive connected to your PC.

Have you tried copying that file from the Mac drive over to your PC drive, and trying it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I still get the same crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a crash on my Mac machine too, just took longer to happen. Is a 2tb project too large for Adobe to handle? I imagine many projects exceed this size. I'm working on a WD_Black 6TB Gaming Drive, I have two copies of these drives and am experiencing the same errors on both. They're 7,200 RPM high performance drives. I know 6TB might seem overkill but I plan on downloading a lot of stock assets for this project, creating many exports in different codecs, and rending motion graphics compositions so I need the headroom.

Do I have any other options other than starting from scratch at this point? And if I do start over are there any precautions I should take? I should add that I do my sync in Pluraleyes and am working off up the XML sequence exported from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're talking a 2 TB "pile" of assets, not the project file itself.

One thing that does help with massive projects for assets is to use their Production mode rather than stand-alone projects. I am a one-person shop, and use it for my entire year worth of jobs because it makes it fast and easy to grab anything I've done for another job ... graphics, broll, audio ... and use it in a new one without duplicating assets.

And as you build a production, being as the assets are dispersed in the different projects and simply referenced from those projects, PrPro doesn't load the full meta of every asset in the entire production up at one time. Making it run better, smoother, more reliably.

Here's the information on that ... and it is a very different setup.

Using Productions

Production Reference Manual

Essentially you start by creating a new production, which creates a folder on disc. In PrPro, within that production folder, you build out your project by right-clicking/add folder. Add folders as your organizational structure.

Within folders, you add projects to hold part of a project. Such as Day 1, Day 2, Broll, Audio Library, whatever. Within those projects you simply add the assets for those bits.

You make another folder with projects for your working sequences.

And simply drag/drop files from their 'holding' projects onto your sequences. No duplication of files or assets, no massive load of cache data, it just works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I'll consider giving that a try if I need to. I'm assuming that I'd have to start over by doing that and lose the 15 hrs I've already spent on this project. One thing that still bugs me is that I wasn't having any issues prior to this most recent update. 

I've tried almost everything at this point, and just thought to check my sequence settings. The editing mode was automatically set to Sony XD-Cam. Is there a better option for mixed-media, all Canon DSLRs but different codecs and bit-depths? Any other settings I should pay attention to? 

It's still pretty early on in editing this project so if I have to restart I will, but I'd rather save myself the work if possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I'm not speaking too soon but I believe I fixed it.

I changed the editing mode to DSLR, however I don't think that was the culprit.

I think the culprit was along with my multi-cam sequence I had all of the audio files from each of the cameras in the sequence, in addition to the recorder that I was syncing to. I've deleted the camera audio files and the project is playing and pausing smoothly now, before there was about a 3 second delay when I would hit play before it would start playing. I think this also explains why I had better performance on the Mac, the processor on that computer is much faster and the machine is built for running Logic Pro so I think it has a better time playing multilpe tracks at the same time. 

I'm guessing that the added stress from the extra audio files was too much for the HDD to recall all at once. 

I'd like to leave this thread open for another day in case I experience the issue again, but hopefully it is solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some issues with audio and playback in general right now. Doing things like setting the audio hardware default input to 'none' can help with a lot of projects. Weird as it seems.

But glad you've got this working at least!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I just ran into another issue. I'm unable to move clips around my timeline. Right now I need to switch the order of two clips. I'm using the selection tool, it appears none of the tracks are locked and the tracks with clips that I'm attempting to move around are selected. Other sequences don't present this issue. When I try to move something I get one of those circle with a diagnol line through it signs, like a do not smoke sign. Is there some sequence lock feature that I'm missing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble thinking of what that could be if the track's not locked. Unless the audio connected to them was locked ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No nothing is locked. My timeline length is over 24hrs, could that be part of it? Still think I should be able to move clips from one track to another or overwrite clips. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines