• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Guides Does Nothing

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Show Guides" option within the Program Monitor settings was working fine for me and suddenly, even though it is enabled, the Guides do not appear. I can turn "Show Guides" on / off but nothing appears or reappears. 

The option is not greyed out, it's available and enabled. I also have the program monitor > view > show guides option on as well (see screengrabs). Anyone else run into this or have any ideas? 

I've restarted, closed & opened premiere, tried a new project file, etc. Nothing seems to fix. No idea what caused this to start happening. I'm on a 2021 M1 Max Macbook Pro. Premiere version 23.0.0

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

did you try to Add a Guide?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to Add a Guide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's it! Thanks Ann!

No idea as to why the guides I created and had enabled suddenly disappeared, but using "Add A Guide" under the "View" dropdown at the top allowed me to at least re-create my original guides. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip.  I wish that I had found this thread first.  Although it did not take that long to uninstall, clear preferences, and reinstall (recommendation on other threads), which of course did not work.  At some point they changed the interface, and probably alerted the change to Guides being enablec by default.  I don't read those, and I guess I have to from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines