• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance Premier 2021

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing slow performance, particularly when scrolling the timeline. Playback is alright. The composition is less than 12 minutes long, and doesn't scroll smoothly. This is the case in a timeline with 6 video layers, some Dynamic Link clips and two audio layers, and a timeline with 2 video layers, no Dynamic Link clips and no audio layers.

I have tried to resolve the issue as recommended here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/terrible-playback-performance-in-premiere-pro-2021/m-p/1...

but this didn't solve the problem.

This post notes performance issues in Elements 2021, but there is no resoltion at this point:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/premiere-elements-2021-is-seriously-slow/m-p/115491...

My PC meets or exceeds recommended requirements, and has no performance issues when tested for benchmarks.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

Nvidia RTX 3090

16GB RAM

1TB boot drive

2TB storage

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give this a shot. As AVCHD is so widespread, a popup recommending ingesting to ProRes on import - with option to begin the process -  would be very helpful for the next update. It would also be great to resolve (or at least clarify within the program) the issues with hardware decoding. As we've seen, there's conflicting recommendations on using it. It would also be helpful to update all Premiere documentation on the recommended system requirements of a minimum of 32GB RAM. I can't imagine how frustrating Premiere must be for anyone with the current recommended minimum of 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I consolidated and transcoded the footage to DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a (I'm using Windows 10) using Project Manager, and am still having issues with slow loading times. For context, this is a very basic 12 minute project involving 3 video tracks, some with basic effects (blending, opacity, scale), 2 Dynamic Links (less than 10s each), and 3 audio tracks.

I should also mention that performance issues were duplicated when I copied the project to my internal SSD as Basil1891 suggested. If anyone suspects that their drive-type is the issue, save yourself the money and wait until you need the storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? I've taken all the steps recommended by the Adobe professionals, but load times for the transcoded project are still at about 30 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? I've taken all recommended steps but project load times are still around 30 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do i have to use stupid codecs and all this crazy stff just to get your software to work? no other workstation has this issue and i'm spening 60 a month for a crap piece of software that doesnt even work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your first post in this thread.  maybe, just maybe, we can help, but without some information from you, that ain't gonna happen.   works fine for me on both a 2012 macbookpro and a custom built windows machine.  If you just want to vent, feel free. if you want to see if we (other users, not adobe employees)  can help, first:

please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry missed your earlier post with some of your specs...  but there are still some questions left unanswered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have performance issues with Premier 2021. Yesterday it was working fine, but today the project started to lag a lot. Same project, same hardware, nothing new was installed from software or drivers.
Just a buggy program which nobody tested before release. The biggest mistake is to update an adobe product if it works fine. No new useful features never. Only new problems with almost any update, every time.
Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have a killer system and the newest update is so laggy and terrible it's hard to believe.  I'm not sure how Adobe messes up these updates so bad over and over and over again.  It's like they didn't test them at all.  Did we ever come up with a conceis answer or does someone know what version to revert to so that it works effectively?

Dell XPS 8940

i9-10900K CPU at 3.70GHz

64 GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super

I should be able to crush 4K video... actually... I used to be able too until recent updates to 21

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well only you can tell us which version was working for you...  You should be able to install earlier versions from 2020 using the creative cloud app...  If you need help, post back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the codec of the footage you a editing with. Example: If it is h264 or h265 (mostly in a .mp4 wrapper) hi speed 4K footage will not perform well on any system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, same issue. I wasted hours trying to fix the problem but the only solution was to go back to using version 15.4.1.
Today I have definitely decided to switch to Davinci Resolve. The problem of slowness of Adobe software forced me to also abandon Bridge in favor of Photo Mechanic. And now Camera Raw has also become unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines