Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software render only is not available

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a Mac M1 with Premiere 15.4

In the past past, we used to be able to choose "software render" from the project settings whenever we had export clitches.

Now that option is grayed out since last update. It's set to GPU acceleration and we cannot change.

It's very frustrating as the glitch is random depending on how I set the export options.

Is there a way to go around this and reenable that option?

Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 1.40.42 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Hi there,

Don't have an M1 myself but it appears that Metal accelertion is locked on those models, at least in 15.4.

What are the specs of your footage and what codec are you trying to export to?

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021
Thanks for the reply.

It’s a 4K footage (prores) in a 1920x1080 sequence, also prores.
In a prior project, I had the same issue and I try every possible setting between footage and sequence.
The only way I got it to work was removing transitions. For some reason, a transition would cause glitches throughout the timeline.
The same happen this time. I had a cross dissolve that, once removed, it allowed the sequence to render.
Adobe’s customer support is helpless in this topic also as I chatted with the...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Don't have an M1 myself but it appears that Metal accelertion is locked on those models, at least in 15.4.

What are the specs of your footage and what codec are you trying to export to?

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

It’s a 4K footage (prores) in a 1920x1080 sequence, also prores.
In a prior project, I had the same issue and I try every possible setting between footage and sequence.
The only way I got it to work was removing transitions. For some reason, a transition would cause glitches throughout the timeline.
The same happen this time. I had a cross dissolve that, once removed, it allowed the sequence to render.
Adobe’s customer support is helpless in this topic also as I chatted with them a couple times. All they would recommend is reinstall, which I did a few times.
So I suppose you are right and developers did lock the software render only option.
Very frustrating.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try rendering the timeline (ProRes) then checking for glitches in the rendered sequence? If it renders clean you can export it and "Match Sequence" and check "Use Previews" -- the export will match the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the Apple Macbook Pro M1, in exporting a 30min and it took 2+ hours! It is a 4k, h.264, 30min.  Why is it taking 2hrs?  Yes, the GPU Accelaration is grayed out I cant change it.  On my Windows pc the same 30min rendering takes 20min.  What is the setting needed to take full advandage of the M1 processing when in Premiere Pro?  I have been speaking with Adobe Care on twitter and they are not much help.  I got the computer for this purpose of the M1.  Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines