• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony SLog3 to REC709 Which Preset LUT?

Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shooting Sony FS7 Slog3 XAVC CineEI.

I'm looking to get this into a starting point and looking for a LUT for this. I note there are a number of manufacture specific preset LUTs available in Speedgrade. Has anyone out there been using Sony Slog3 and can recommend a starting point LUT in order to bring my gamma footage into the REC709 world?

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

there are "camera patches" in the looks for speedgrade but not sure which, if any would work. i do see some luts that come with davinci resolve lite that by name seems like they are for the F5 but might work. you can install the lite version for free, get the luts from someone who has it installed, or try the ones from the link below.

C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\LUT\Sony

SLog3SGamut3.CineToCine+709.cube,  SLog3SGamut3.CineToLC-709.cube,  SLog3SGamut3.CineToLC-709TypeA.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen commercially produced LUT's available for this, you'd need to search for them. Within Sg, there's the "Looks" produced by the "Lumetri engine" which are in application exactly the same as a LUT ... though they don't export to other programs. I know a number of colorists who've made their own Looks for specific cameras by simply loading test footage of a set scene or test pattern, then working their controls until they get the correct result in scopes, then saving that as a named Look for that camera.

Doesn't take much time to do once you've the hang of Sg's controls. And that can be applied either within another layer or or on a separate adjustment layer made in PrPro for a grading layer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are "camera patches" in the looks for speedgrade but not sure which, if any would work. i do see some luts that come with davinci resolve lite that by name seems like they are for the F5 but might work. you can install the lite version for free, get the luts from someone who has it installed, or try the ones from the link below.

C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\LUT\Sony

SLog3SGamut3.CineToCine+709.cube,  SLog3SGamut3.CineToLC-709.cube,  SLog3SGamut3.CineToLC-709TypeA.cube,  SLog3SGamut3.CineToSLog2-709.cube

there is also a post on sony's forums for what appears to be the same luts but perhaps older version.

http://community.sony.com/t5/F5-F55/Release-version-3DLUT-s-for-S-Gamut3-Cine-S-Log3/m-p/287847#U287...

Definitive SLog3.cine LUT workflow? - Sony's Community Site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both. Yes, I am already a user of the Sony forum. Thanks for the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello there.

DaVinci Resolve (the newest free version) has the best Slog3 and Slog2 to rec709 converting LUT I have seen so far.

Best.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines