• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SRT's not editing from a Multicam sequence into a timeline...

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I am on my 3rd programme of a multi-contributor doc, and they are all foreign langauge which have been brilliantly translated and then SRT's created. These SRT's have then been added by the edit assistants to a multicam sequence of those interviews. The problem then occurs when it comes to folling the paper edit I have been supplied with. If I load one of those multicam sequences into my clip viewer, mark in & out at the appropriate timecodes the multicam then edits down to my master sequence but the captions do not. The only way that I have found to do this is to have both sequences open and then copy and paste the appropriate bits. I am a litlle old fashioned and much prefer editing from the clip viewer to my timeline rather than copy and pasting. Am I missing a trick and should I be able to edit from the clip viewer inc the captions or is this a flaw? Many thanks for any advice.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a good way currently.

I have not explored this yet, but see this current work in the Public Beta version:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-part-2-assemble...

They'd love feedback from the perspective of your workflow.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, thanks so much for this and I have just had a play about with it. Unfortunately it still doesnt help my workflow as the interviews I am working with have had perfect translations paid for at great expense. These are then delivered as SRT files which we can add to the interview media in a sequence including both cameras to then be edited from. As an old fashioned 3 point editor I saw the tutorial you postded and got quite excited but the "in" & "out" buttons only appear under the "transcript" tab not under the "captions" tab. It would be awesome for those in and out buttons to be in the Captions window too so that then this could work as an amazing way of building the master sequence from a paper edit using multicam sequences as a source. As yet this doesnt fix where I am sadly but hopefully this is a step in that direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted about this in the Beta forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-part-2-assemble...

Feel free to provide some feedback there.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines