• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stereoscopic 3D Support for Timeline (not 360)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that 3D is on it's way back because of the numerous and affordable VR headsets, can Adobe team introduce 3D options for their timeline, much like Resolve, RV, Nuke Studio, and Mistika?

You have some options for equirectangular VR or files that are already top bottom / sidebyside but I don't see any options when shooting your own 3D content as left and right eye.

My goal is to bring in the left eye footage, make edits, duplicate sequence, rename to right eye, replace footage, and bam, I now have a left timeline and right timeline. I'd like to bring those both into a new sequence, add a adjustment layer with a effect where I can choose left track, right track, and then display as either side by side, top / bottom, interlaced, or anaglyph. Think of the "3D Glasses" effect in after effects. Can you add that to Premiere? People could also watch this in their VR headset, not as a 360 image, but as a 3D image at your projects resolution, much like what we do for current 3D films.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Here's the link to make feature requests:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to make feature requests:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to do precisely the same thing. I shot a project on a beam splitter rig and have two separate clips for my left and right eye. I wanted to bump this to see if there is support for this issue almost a year later. Does Adobe support a stereoscopic workflow with discreet clips for left and right eyes? This is how high end stereoscopy is shot.

Now: XR + Traditional Media Creator. Then: Senior VFX Artist on AAA titles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a spherical camera in AE!

Also we must be able to import the spherical Redshift/Cinema camera data into AE to get full Stereo VR support!

A shame you can only do this with Fusion now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to do precisely the same thing. I shot a project on a beam splitter rig and have two separate clips for my left and right eye. I wanted to bump this to see if there is support for this issue almost a year later. Does Adobe support a stereoscopic workflow with discreet clips for left and right eyes? This is how high end stereoscopy is shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 headed,

Do you have After Effects? If so, please check out this documentation. I helped the engineers publish the doc so let me know if you have any specific questions not covered in the docs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, 

Thanks for the response! let me see if I understand. You're saying that there is a functionality in AE that makes sycning up two discrete lef and right eye video clips less of a manual procedure ( in Premiere, I would need to stack and crop them on my timeline, correct? ). If that is the case, then my timeline wouled consist of adobe linked AE projects that point to both left and right eyes. Would this workflow work with proxies? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also this is me

www.wjsims.com

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2665731/

im working on a somewhat high visibility piece and if there is anything adobe can do to support me i'd love to chat . 

thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, can you help me? Your documentation is the closest thing I've seen on Adobe to the documentation I need.

Before VR, editing Framed (not VR) 3D videos was getting easier and easier. Now it seems to be getting harder.

I have (lots of) .MTS 3D 1980 x 1080 (Framed, not VR) videos created by a SONY 3D video camera. I can import them to Premiere Pro, but they show as monoscopic.  I can export them as .MP4, marking them as VR SBS or Up/Down but they export as distorted. I can transcode them from .MTS in Media Encoder to .MP4 but I have not found any setting that lets me export left & right eye video separately or as SBS or Up/Down.  

Is it possible to use .MTS and end up with a stereo left/right .MP4 file? If it is, can you point me to some documentation that explains how to make it work? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Eric, did you find any solution for this? I'm encountering the same issue and am hoping to hive mind a workflow for .MTS in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alysha--

I think the (only?) solution is Vegas Pro (or something of a similar name) . Originally a SONY product, it is now owned by Magix I believe. I tested it about a year ago, but not recently. I used the free month to check that it worked.  Getting it to work was  a little tricky. A number of parameters and the work flow have to be carefully chosen. I did get some help on the support page. I think this is the basic Vegas page: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/au/vegas-pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines