• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stupid Question: How To Export to MOV Format?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a few years since I used Adobe Premiere. After installing the the latest version I can no longer export to MOV format. I can create a video just fine, I just don't know which buttons and settings to select in order to export to MOV. Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOV is a QuickTime format ... so select the QuickTime option as a format in the Export Dialog ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do that, the file is created but when I try to run it, I get an error message: The item was encoded in a format that's not supported.

Are there other settings to have in place before exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which of the many ones did you use? ProRes, one of the better mov formats of course.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the video type in mediainfo? you can use free shutter encoder to turn it into prores/dxnhd/cineform/another h.264 with non variable framerate so that premiere can export it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines